Out Of Ideas

Options
I have been activley tring to loose weight for years i have lost then gained it back i wont do surgury i dont need it internally im healthy cause i amde sure my doctor run every test he could think of it just the weight thats the issue, I know why i turn to food its comfort as stupid as it sound i like food cause it will not leave me like both my parents did i was abandoned by both of them

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Read all the sticky posts at the top of every MFP forum they have lots of good ideas and will point you in thertight direction Ihope that helps you
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You need to deal with your issues rather than eat them. Learning to disconnect food from emotional troubles is paramount to success.
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are struggling so much and suffered such losses, however turning too food to fix, soothe or otherwise dull down your emotions and inner pain is not going to serve you well either in the present or the future.

I would entreat you to seek advice from your Doctor about counselling and any services that you can access to deal with the emotional trauma and the way you are using food to cope.

With time and completely transparency you can overcome this disordered way of thinking and find peace in your life. If you want to set about losing weight in the interim @lorrpb's advice on reading all the stickied posts on MFP holds a wealth of information to set you on the right track.

I wish you all the best.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you are struggling so much and suffered such losses, however turning too food to fix, soothe or otherwise dull down your emotions and inner pain is not going to serve you well either in the present or the future.

I would entreat you to seek advice from your Doctor about counselling and any services that you can access to deal with the emotional trauma and the way you are using food to cope.

With time and completely transparency you can overcome this disordered way of thinking and find peace in your life. If you want to set about losing weight in the interim @lorrpb's advice on reading all the stickied posts on MFP holds a wealth of information to set you on the right track.

I wish you all the best.

All of this. Changing your relationship to food is tough, but necessary. You can do it!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I have been activley tring to loose weight for years i have lost then gained it back i wont do surgury i dont need it internally im healthy cause i amde sure my doctor run every test he could think of it just the weight thats the issue, I know why i turn to food its comfort as stupid as it sound i like food cause it will not leave me like both my parents did i was abandoned by both of them

Therapy. A good therapist can help you learn to deal with these feelings. It is not a miracle cure, it will not help in a session or two, but if you commit to it for a while, it can make a big difference.
  • Cathscottage
    Cathscottage Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think your thinking is all wrong. Your parents who abandoned you have the problem not you. You need to work with yourself or with a counsellor to get to know the real you. You need to explore how truly wonderful you are by self acceptance and loving who you are now at whatever weight you are. This weight loss journey is just that and you need to accept yourself and be content with who you are before any change can take place. I am sorry but it is a mindset and it will take months and months to slowly transform your life. But when you get in control of food and food is not in control of you it is one hell of a feeling. Logging your food and keeping your intake to say 1200 calories per day. Getting outdoors and walking for 30 minutes a day. Stop looking at the past and let go of that crap. Give it back to your parents who abandoned you. Move forward girl or you will be stuck forever. Food is not your friend it is a tool to help your body keep going. Happiness is not in food it is in having a lifestyle that you love and can maintain. Feeling fit and the journey to get fitter and healthier should be your priority and loss will come once you reduce calorie intake. Learn to love yourself NOW.
  • kitten123123
    kitten123123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply i am tring my hardest not to rely on food and i have thoughy of a counceller but getting one for lets face it long term i cant see how it can be done they are so expensive and like others my budget it peaked I didnt try going once to someone and felt very unconfortable going into details about my life , i have always kept things to myself ,inly a few years ago did i talk to anyone about what was going on in my life and i was surprised that the issues i was dealing with i wasnt alone,like with the weight issure clearly everyone is here for a reason.i think you guys are right i need to talk to someone a perfessional,thank you for your support if there is anything i can do for anyone msg me
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    You need to deal with your issues rather than eat them. Learning to disconnect food from emotional troubles is paramount to success.

Agree