Callanetics v weight lifting

Options
Hi , I done callanetics years ago and got fantastic results in terms of toning and lifting the body, do you think this is in any way as good as weight lifting to save me the time and expense of joining a gym. I find it all a bit daunting as I don't know where to start with weight lifting

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Whatever exercise routine sounds interesting to you and easy to commit to, this is the one you should be doing. Obviously if your goal is to become a powerlifter, then you need to lift. If the goal is to get in shape, focus on what sounds interesting.
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do both! I'm on vacation without access to a gym so I'm doing what I can to maintain my hard work. Start off with bodyweight fitness, there's a lot of good programs online. If you want to dive into weightlifting o encourage you to do so, you can build some decent muscle mass (keep in mind you are a female so you will not bulk up unless you purposely try and it's very difficult because of estrogen). Start with no weight squats regardless, you'll need both movements perfected for either fitness types. Don't forget to just have fun with it too!