24/f 5'4 294->186 :)

Options
Chelz_Belz
Chelz_Belz Posts: 8 Member
Stats: 24/f 5'4 SW:294lbs CW:186lbs in about 9 months with an ever changing goal weight! I went from 40% BF to 27% and size 24->12/14 and now able to wear bracelets :)

Some awful phone pictures...
8I5u59Cl.jpg
UKJZwKvl.jpg
5jR8fIll.jpg
3duzkYjl.jpg
ZrNVxmSl.jpg
FeI54OEl.jpg
NEW bangs todayyyyy!

I wasn't going to post pictures until I had a year under my belt, but I got a haircut today and figured what better time?? I moved to Chicago with my boyfriend last year where it seemed that everyone was more active and attractive so I decided to conform. By selling our cars, becoming commuters, and shopping at farmers markets our lifestyle started to shift but it wasn't the drastic change I wanted so I went on a hunt for a gym. That is when my entire life changed; I found Downsize Fitness which is a gym that caters strictly to overweight clients and the amazing people that I owe everything too, my new family! I started working out 5-6 days a week for 60-90mins, focusing on strength training/Crossfit with the bulk of my cardio coming from boxing, zumba, and interval classes. I began calorie counting with MFP with 1800-2000cals, I make a huge effort to eat as least processed foods as possible, not focusing too harshly on macros, but I still enjoy my hot cheetos, pb cookies, and crap in my goals, just less frequently. I see so many people with extremely rigid rules and that is NOT for me, I enjoy challenging myself at times but I am a firm believer in moderation.

My main reasoning for wanting to write this is to reach out to people who are struggling! I have had so many slip ups and binge episodes in the last 9 months but I have still managed to lose 108lbs, PLEASE do not let a bad day or weekend stop you!!! I have had multiple days in a row with zero regard to my diet and come home 12lbs up but you accept it and trudge along! I had a massive (not exaggerating) binge less than a month ago, they are getting better and less frequent but it’s SO much more important to get over it and start where you left off. I used to panic before holidays and parties but you will learn what really matters and how to navigate them better. I want to help people through this and have become so passionate about fun healthy cooking and exercise that I am studying to become a certified PT and am leading my first (supervised) group boot camp tomorrow! My wonderful redditor boyfriend has been extremely supportive (with some exceptions haha) and lost 50lbs himself and I am lucky enough to have some of my beautiful best friends in this struggle with me and constantly inspiring me. I cannot wait to help people experience their weight loss journey; being able to have pride in your food choices, push yourself physically in ways you never thought possible, annnnnnd of course where cute clothes :) I'm always open for questions or to lend an ear!

Replies

• adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    You look very good! Such a big difference! I especially love the black belted dress :happy:
  • jennyann117
    jennyann117 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    you are so cute!! Way to go! I am the same way with bracelets...I find myself staring at my wrists lately, willing them to shrink a bit :)
  • lovemehobo
    lovemehobo Posts: 28
    Options
    The picture isn't there any more, but 108lbs, congratulations!
  • Chelz_Belz
    Options
    The picture isn't there any more, but 108lbs, congratulations!

I beeeeelieve i fixed it?
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I loved reading your journey and I am so glad you posted it for all of us to get re-motivated! and re-energized. I love looking at the before and after pictures of the members it gives me hope. Thanks again like I said you look amazing!!
  • cahtchme
    cahtchme Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! What you did is what I'm hoping to do. I started at 300 in Dec of 2011 - made it down 30 lbs then got pregnant - but I'm back on the wagon again and 90 lbs to go! :D
  • KeishaJo
    KeishaJo Posts: 45
    Options
    I starting crying when I read this post...

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. I really needed to read it. It is so important to remember that this is a life change and just because I have one slip up, it doesn't mean my goal to become healthier is over.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Amazing girl! What a transformation! Congratulation :flowerforyou: This is nice that you will pass it onto others :smile:
  • Chelz_Belz
    Options
    Awesome job! What you did is what I'm hoping to do. I started at 300 in Dec of 2011 - made it down 30 lbs then got pregnant - but I'm back on the wagon again and 90 lbs to go! :D

Yes!! You are well on your way and now have much more incentive with a sweet baby to be a role model for! I think it is amazing to see parents getting healthy and being an example for their kids! You will get there, trust me, just keeping going no matter what!
  • Chelz_Belz
    Options
    I starting crying when I read this post...

Thank you for sharing your inspirational story. I really needed to read it. It is so important to remember that this is a life change and just because I have one slip up, it doesn't mean my goal to become healthier is over.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Oh love I have had so many slip ups you wouldnt believe, some tiny and some last for dayssss, for so many different reasons like vacation, stress, pms..you name it, I have perfect days where I am proud of everything I put in my mouth and all my choices, and I have days when I am under my calories but I know I didnt NEED that ice cream and chips however you cannot dwell on it, it happened now move forward! I am also a firm believer in celebrating every victory and shouting it from the mountain tops, not going to lie most of them are clothing related haha! You will get there and you will only get stronger!!
  • Chelz_Belz
    Options
    Amazing girl! What a transformation! Congratulation :flowerforyou: This is nice that you will pass it onto others :smile:

I cannot explain how eager I am to pay it forward and support others like Ive been supported, I just want to hug everyone struggling with this! haha
  • workzceo
    workzceo Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you so much for wanting to pay it forward. I decided at 353 that is was time to lose it for my newborn. Now my daughter is 7 and I am still battling, but seeing your journey and looking at the amazing transformation has encouraged me tonight. I logically know in my mind, what you say about keep going, but I have just recently decided when I joined MFP, that no matter what I will journal and funny thing happened, those days that I thought were so bad, were not so bad ... and I will continue especially after reading your story.

Thank you so much!!!!!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Jaymi1204
    Jaymi1204 Posts: 9
    Options
    You look amazing. I loved reading your journey and I am so glad you posted it for all of us to get re-motivated! and re-energized. I love looking at the before and after pictures of the members it gives me hope. Thanks again like I said you look amazing!!

Agreed, thank you for the motivation!

Btw, you look fab in That blue dress!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    You look great. I want to add that you are very pretty, at every weight. I love Chicago and think of moving there and having that walking/commuter life, good for you for doing it!
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    wow such an amazing story!!
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Love those bangs! Incredible job- thanks for the inspiration!
  • wildecat1
    wildecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look 10 years younger! Amazing job, what an inspiration!
  • ashley11284
    ashley11284 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!! Thank you for posting this! I've been struggling for while now.. the weight is coming off so SLOW! I've fallen off the wagon for the last couple weeks but reading this gives me motivation to keep on keeping on and never give up! Thanks again and you look amazing!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! What a tremendous accomplishment - congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!