can zumba make you a better dancer?

Options
Today, I received Zumba exhillerate through the mail, and I tried out the step by step video. I had no idea I couldn't dance! Well, not like those girls anyway lol. Is there anyone who had a hard time at first, given it their all, and then became an amazing dancer like the ones on the video? I'm really hoping this works out for me, and after paying all that $, I don't plan on quiting!

Replies

• mickeyksu
    mickeyksu Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It does get easier, but the point is to move and have a great time. Don't worry about doing the steps perfect. Just have fun! You will love it!
  • Tasha_Fat2Fit
    Options
    I love Zumba, although I'm not that good it's a great workout. I do see myself getting much much better with practice! Keep going :happy:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    I say keep going! I've been doing it for months now and it definitely gives you a workout, its fun, you learn to be more coordinated and I think it gives you more confidence to dance if that makes sense. good luck!
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great advice everyone! I'm excited to see how it all turns out :).
  • Amiike
    Amiike Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi,

I guess it will - when you start to know all the moves better and get a feeling and timing you will feel more confident and that makes you autimatically a better dancer! :wink:
  • LadyPakal
    LadyPakal Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It helped me with co-ordination & balance. I was a regular clutz, always falling over & spraining ankles. Zumba in bare feet strengthened the ankles, so I don't fall now and if I do feel a fall coming on (usually from wearing heels these days), I can recover from it.

Getting to know the routines helps a lot with coordination - knowing which foot to have your weight on for the next move etc. It will come, don't worry.
  • littlelady2b
    littlelady2b Posts: 104
    Options
    Well guys take it from me I'm a retired semi professional dancer and the more you practice the better you get just like anything. I new a girl that I never thought would be able to dance and she put her heart into into it and eventually she could dance. It'll bring up your confidence your coordination self esteem. It's great I learned all kinds of different ways to dance and incorporated it into my own style. It's fun great exercise and oh btw you will discover muscles you didn't know you had till you get use to it. Its cardio and toning in one. Good luck and enjoy every minute of it!