Did anyone loss weight with eating anything they want???

Options

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    I am doing just that- Eating the foods that I like within my calories and losing weight.
    77lbs down. I do resistance training 4x weekly and cardio 2x.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Kind of.

I didn't eliminate anything from my diet. I ate something if I really wanted it, I just made sure to fit into my calorie goals. And there were times when I wanted something, but I wound up not eating it because I just didn't want to make a cut to a meal later in the day in order to fit it in. The decision that I would stick to my calorie goal made me want to choose certain things less often because they were harder to fit it.
  • kissedbythesunshine
    Options
    Yep. This is how after multiple attempts I finally found success. I eat whatever I want just not as much of it as I was eating before. For example, tonight I'm having pizza. I use to eat 4 large slices but now I eat 2. The main thing that has helped me is learning to actually take my time and chew my food...enjoy it instead of gobbling it down like I use to.

Oh and yes I exercise. Simple things like a power walk around my neighborhood or a Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Pretty much yes. I don't go over my calories, and I do exercise on most days. I eat pizza either once a week, or every other week. I've lost about 50lbs doing this. Moderation is key.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    No, I don't eat whatever I want. If I really want something, I find a way to fit it into my calorie goals.
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, drink wine, and rarely exercise. I have lost 58 lbs.
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I live in the real world, I eat real food, I drive a real car. I live in the real world, I ate mostly nutritional food with a few treats and drove a Nissan that's paid for, while losing 60 pounds. In my fantasy world I could be healthy, trim and fit while eating Doritos and Pepsi to my hearts content and drive a Ferrari.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Yep. In fact, most of us have, myself included.
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I live in the real world, I eat real food, I drive a real car. I live in the real world, I ate mostly nutritional food with a few treats and drove a Nissan that's paid for, while losing 60 pounds. In my fantasy world I could be healthy, trim and fit while eating Doritos and Pepsi to my hearts content and drive a Ferrari.
    :)

Exactly. The people who eat "anything they want" just happen to make do with less or exercise more. Funny how that works.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options

:):)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Last sentence reminds me of this job I had back in my 20s that was crazy awful hours and stressful, but among the perks was frequently available delicious food -- travel meant dinners at nice restaurants, staying past 9 pm meant you could order dinner from a huge book of options that would be delivered, not the usual takeout type places, workplace events would have lots of delicious food. Joke among my peers was that if the firm paid for it, of course it also had no calories.

Some of us may have taken this joke too seriously. ;-)
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating more of the food I like while mixing it into my diet instead of having "cheat days." I used to eat "healthy" with "cheat days" and lost my first 20 lbs that way, but I did it for almost a year and was on a 1300-1400 odd calorie diet, so I should have lost alot more. The "cheat days" and days of "falling off the wagon" caught up with me, as I'd fall off a couple of times a week sometimes and eat way too much on cheat days due to being tired of bland food. I've only been doing the new routine for a short time, and have lost three pounds, some of it water weight probably, but I'm not constantly thinking of food and cheating anymore, so I think this will work better.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    at the start you can feel hungry and you learn cost - benefit - is wanting that pack of chips worth how hungry I might feel later or would I be better with a sandwich etc

^^
    Yup. I still do eat what I enjoy as long as it fits my calorie allotment, but there are many times I pass up the treats I love because...while it may taste great, it's going to make a dent in my daily calories and leave me hungry. Sometimes it isn't worth it, but I'm ok with that.
  • bethclabburn
    bethclabburn Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I eat what I want as long as it fits within my calories.
    Yes, I exercise.
    I have lost 55 lbs.

How long did it take to lose 55lbs?

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Yes, anything in moderation. No food is forbidden. I've lost 86 lbs. and yes I exercise, primarily strength training.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I eat what I want as long as it fits within my calories.
    Yes, I exercise.
    I have lost 55 lbs.

How long did it take to lose 55lbs?

I lost the first 15 kg (33 lbs) in 16 weeks between mid-Feb and mid-June.

Then I took a 1-month diet break and put on 2 kg. I was on holiday! :)

Then I resumed the diet about mid-July, and dropped those 2 kg plus another 10 kg (22 lbs) between then and mid-November ... another 16 weeks or so.

I've been maintaining for the last month, but I'm hoping to drop another 2 kg by the end of January. Since I'm planning to take a 2-week diet break over Christmas, I'll probably have to lose about 3 kg in January to accomplish that. :grin:

And then it will be a matter of trying to figure out what my maintenance calories really are.

Now I will add that when I say, I eat what I want as long as it fits within my calories, there was some trial and error in the beginning to figure out what I wanted.

For example, I love pears, but I discovered that they are a high calorie fruit with no staying power. I'm hungry again about 20 min after eating them. So I rarely eat pears anymore. Same with nuts like cashews ... high calorie, no staying power. Therefore, not worth it. There are other things I'd rather eat. And I made a decision right from the beginning that I was going to eat only foods I like. I will not waste calories on foods I don't like or feel "meh" about.

Therefore one of the things I did early on was to do a thorough browse of my grocery stores and markets etc. to find low calorie, good tasting, foods. As a result of that, my husband and I eat quite a decent variety. And if we want something extra, like the fish and chips we had on Sunday ... we exercise for it, like the 40 km bicycle ride we did earlier in the day on Sunday. :)

Helps that we love being active!

This has worked remarkably well for me ... better than I expected! :)

• khaleedrachen
    khaleedrachen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yip but like most people said stay within your calorie target and exercise
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I did. I ate 1200 calories a day and worked out 7 days a week. I did a twenty minute in home workout everyday and a fifteen minute jog. I did this for a month and a half and lost 13 pounds.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    Yes yes and hell yes. I've lost about 60 lbs by simply eating within my calorie budget (even with cheat meals. I hate that name ) and just going on walks. Why would I limit what I eat? Like I'm going to act like a freaking cow and eat grass all day and hope the weight coming off alone will make me happy? No way. I still enjoy my food. I still look forward to it. I just control how much and when.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Basically YES :) but then I realised that I felt hungry more if I didn't fill up on protein/fats/fibre so over time I changed how I ate to fuel my body....I still enjoy chocolate every day though :smile: