Am I eating too little?

Options
2»

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    A few important questions... 1. how long have you been eating at that calorie level, and how much have you lost over that time?? 2. Are you using a food scale to weigh everything?

It's been about 10 days of eating 1200 or under calories. The first few days I lost 6 pounds..I'm sure water weight. But nothing for the last 6 days. So I guess I really do need more calories. I don't use a food scale, I should invest in one

I would highly recommend getting a food scale. They really are inexpensive, you can get them usually between $10 and $20. Get one that has a tare or zero function. That way you put your bowl / plate on, then hit zero. Add food #1 (lets say lettuce). Log weight, hit zero. Add next food, log, zero, repeat...
  • ryansmama04
    ryansmama04 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    A few important questions... 1. how long have you been eating at that calorie level, and how much have you lost over that time?? 2. Are you using a food scale to weigh everything?

It's been about 10 days of eating 1200 or under calories. The first few days I lost 6 pounds..I'm sure water weight. But nothing for the last 6 days. So I guess I really do need more calories. I don't use a food scale, I should invest in one

Good idea

They're only about $10-15 and are a revelation

But yes if your logging is accurate trust in the system

I lost most of my 55lbs eating 1500-1800 cals
    What were your workouts like at that time?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Good idea

They're only about $10-15 and are a revelation

But yes if your logging is accurate trust in the system

I lost most of my 55lbs eating 1500-1800 cals
    What were your workouts like at that time?

Same as now really

I hit the gym 3 times a week (twice recently but am focusing on doing better) I tend to burn around 300 -350 calories in a 45 minute gym session alone (20 mins cardio plus weights / calisthenics) and 600-650 in 80 mins with my trainer (20 mins cardio plus weights / calisthenics)

I wear a fitbit zip and allow it to adjust my activity from sedentary generally earning 200-400 calories for daily steps.

During weight loss I was more focused so was probably hitting 10K steps more regularly then and earning 350 calories on average, now I tend to hit around 6-8k ...around 3k steps allows me to hit sedentary activity