Losing weight and calorie count

Options
Hi guys,

Just wanting to know do you have drop down your calories once your weight is dropping? I'm currently 73.8 kg and taking in 1880 calories a day.

Thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep to the rate you're losing at, yes. Usually every 5 to 10 pounds is a good time to recalculate.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    1880 is likely already low enough...i surely wouldnt want to go that low let alone lower as a male
  • fadiyousif171
    fadiyousif171 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1880 is likely already low enough...i surely wouldnt want to go that low let alone lower as a male
    So keep eating same calories and just reduce it when I'm starting not to lose weight ?
  • savageman69
    Options
    personally i think you likely cut your calories to low to fast....sure you will lose weight faster but it ends up being muscle and fat an overall you will just be a smaller version of your current self with no definition.

Losing weight slowly is the key to maintaining muscle and looking overall better in the end. If it were me i would slowly up calories until maintenance level is found..cut 100-200 calories as needed to keep a .5lb or less loss per week.
  • fadiyousif171
    fadiyousif171 Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    personally i think you likely cut your calories to low to fast....sure you will lose weight faster but it ends up being muscle and fat an overall you will just be a smaller version of your current self with no definition.

Losing weight slowly is the key to maintaining muscle and looking overall better in the end. If it were me i would slowly up calories until maintenance level is found..cut 100-200 calories as needed to keep a .5lb or less loss per week.
    So your saying to bump up my calories to about 2000 and then few weeks later start reducing slowly by 100-200 calories week in week out
  • savageman69
    edited December 2015
    Options

So your saying to bump up my calories to about 2000 and then few weeks later start reducing slowly by 100-200 calories week in week out

no i doubt your maintenance is only 2000.