How to replace bread

Options
2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Interestingly I replaced my wheatgerm/wholeground bread with white farmhouse bread because fewer calories

I also eat portion controlled - so I'll have one slice under my scrambled egg and not two for breakfast and I'll snack on open sandwiches rather than 2 slices

it has worked for me

But I choose not to go low carb because it makes me crash and burn and just plays with my water weight unduly
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You aren't going to get any useful answers unless you tell us WHY you want to replace bread.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You can consume a LOT of calories in bread. It can be a trigger food for some people. This should be well known to people who've been here very long. Don't tell people to eat whatever they want. It's not that simple and doesn't work that way for everyone.

If the OP wanted specific advice for a specific reason, they should have mentioned it in their post. It's less reasonable to assume that everyone looking to cut or reduce bread will lose their mind if they have a slice.
  • percolater
    percolater Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Here's what I have for dinner every Wednesday: One slice of pizza (250 calories) sandwich made with two slices Kroger sandwich whole wheat bread (100 calories) one can tuna, less a bite for my dog, (100 calories) 1 tablespoon mayo (100 calories) dill pickles. Sometimes I have ham instead of tuna. That sandwich is so satisfying, much more than the pizza. If you're wondering, I have a huge salad for lunch on Wednesdays to get my veggies. For me bread is a great diet food.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Well, firstly, why do you want to replace bread? Is it the carbs you want to replace?
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    percolater wrote: »
    Here's what I have for dinner every Wednesday: One slice of pizza (250 calories) sandwich made with two slices Kroger sandwich whole wheat bread (100 calories) one can tuna, less a bite for my dog, (100 calories) 1 tablespoon mayo (100 calories) dill pickles. Sometimes I have ham instead of tuna. That sandwich is so satisfying, much more than the pizza. If you're wondering, I have a huge salad for lunch on Wednesdays to get my veggies. For me bread is a great diet food.

I promise I'm not trying to be rude, but I am desperately trying to figure out how this is anything like pizza?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

I promise I'm not trying to be rude, but I am desperately trying to figure out how this is anything like pizza?
    :smiley:

Pizza AND a sandwich I think
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I like to use corn thins occasionally. They are like rice cakes, but thinner so they work well for sandwiches. 22 cals each.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    OP, I see some people suggesting you replace bread with... bread!

Echoing @kommodevaran @FitGirl0123 : WHY do you want to replace. How do you expect people to suggest replacement if they don't know what issue you have with bread
  • percolater
    Options

Sorry, I guess I thought the "and"s were understood. To be clearer: One slice from a medium Pizza Hut veggie pizza and one slice bread and one slice bread and one 5 oz. can tuna and one tablespoon mayonnaise and one dill pickle slice and one dill pickle slice.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    You can consume a LOT of calories in bread. It can be a trigger food for some people. This should be well known to people who've been here very long. Don't tell people to eat whatever they want. It's not that simple and doesn't work that way for everyone.

Who are you replying to?

The OP didn't say it was a trigger food, she said she wants to replace it. It is 100% acceptable to advise she replace it with something else she likes. Or, if she likes bread, to try moderating it.

People have the right to eat whatever they want, and to say what they please. ;)

This^

It's lifestyle changes for me. Am I going to eat sandwiches on lettuce leaves forever? Nope, not gonna happen.
  • percolater
    Options
    Every post on a thread doesn't have to answer the OP does it? Can't we have a naturally flowing conversation where we talk to the other posters as well?