Half Marathon Training Plan, Runkeeper's plans any good?

Options
pyrowill
pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Thinking about running the Reading Half Marathon next year, so looking for a training plan. Have previously run one 10 mile race and regularly do 5-10k's.

I'm looking for a 3-4 month training plan. I've previously used Hal Higdons online one, (would look at something like this halhigdon.com/training/51131/Half-Marathon-Novice-1-Training-Program . However I also pay for Runkeeper Elite which includees training plans. Anyone have any experience with their programs at all?

Many thanks.
Will

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Amazon has Personal Running Trainer # weeks to half marathon, I think it's free for Prime Members. I haven't used it BUT I did use "4 weeks to one mile" and "8 weeks to 5K". Both worked and I kinda enjoyed using them. Probably the same type/style/method as the "Couch to ???" programs being recommended here a lot. Good luck on your journey.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I have used the Runkeeper plans -- to prepare for my first one in ages last year and then to train for a time goal. I think they are good.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    HalfMarathons.net has 12, 16, and 20 week plans. I used the 20 week plan last year to train for my first half (that was too long). I just started the 16 week plan to train for an upcoming half. I throw in speed intervals or hill repeats for one of the shorter runs during the week.