Underweight Female

Options
Hi I'm in the hopes of gaining weight to be able to attend the Gym for lifting but I was advised to gain weight first , I'm 5'11 Aged 20 and currently weigh 46 Kg ! All help on macro's needed

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight requires eating more than your maintenance requirements. Based on your profile, the internet is not the appropriate place for you to get the answers you seek ... your treatment team is.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Forget macros. I would try to eat 2,000 calories a day (at least). Go buy some peanut butter and some crackers and eat.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Megankanee wrote: »
    Hi I'm in the hopes of gaining weight to be able to attend the Gym for lifting but I was advised to gain weight first , I'm 5'11 Aged 20 and currently weigh 46 Kg ! All help on macro's needed

5'11" and 100Lbs? You say you have ANOREXIA and ORTHOREXIA Yes, forget macros. JUST EAT and work with your ED treatment team. And consider NOT being on this site.
  • chamberssophie
    chamberssophie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I suffered with anorexia, at 5ft7" I weighed 7st 5lb. My nutritionist tried everything with me but I just couldn't do it. I'm now 9st 2lb and gaining muscle through pole fitness. I did this from drinking a pint of full fat milk in the morning before work and a pint before bed. It was hard, but it added over 700 calories extra to my diet. And plenty of protein!! Good luck :)
  • Flaca407
    Flaca407 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches did it for me.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Get your weight and behavioral issues in control before you worry about macros. If you have orthorexia about clean foods now, replacing it with orthorexia about your macros isn't really improving the situation.

Full fat milk and peanut butter both sound like good suggestions.
  • ongoingwhy
    ongoingwhy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Have fast food for all your meals.
  • ellenoel87
    ellenoel87 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 124 - if I drop anymore my BMI puts me underweight if you find any solutions that help you out please share - good luck on your journey
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Gaining weight requires eating more than your maintenance requirements. Based on your profile, the internet is not the appropriate place for you to get the answers you seek ... your treatment team is.

This
  • kachedada
    kachedada Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You'd be good to go to the gym and increase your calorie intake. Sometimes the extra activity can trigger your body to crave more food. What are you doing currently as far as nutrition goes?