Discover what's new & improved in the MyFitnessPal app!
We’re dedicated to helping you achieve your health and nutrition goals. And our newest features and updates? They do just that. Learn how we're making tracking your progress easier, faster, and more motivating than ever.

What are your trigger foods?

Options
2»

Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    cookies and indian sweets
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Salty foods!!! Doritos, barbeque chips with french onion dip and cheddar cheese and crackers!!!! These food definitely send me over the top.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Sunflower seeds...although I wouldn't call them a trigger, just a food that I feel like I can eat non stop.

oh yes forgot about those things. I like the Barbeque and the Ranch. I cannot do anything when I eat them, answer the phone, cook dinner, feed the dogs, nothing is getting done until I'm done with the seeds!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sweets but only when I'm PMSing, otherwise I do just fine having one cookie.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Anything that tastes really good. lol It's a will-power thing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,660 Member
    Options
    Anything free....and carby. Or milk chocolatey. Or anything I don't usually eat. Or anything put in front of me. Or anything I end up standing in front of. :)
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm finding that things are a trigger for me only if I tell myself it's a trigger. Otherwise, if my mind is fully occupied on something else, I won't really care for the other foods around. Things that I have made a trigger for myself:

-buying boxes of Oreos because I think it will make me feel better
    -having a plate of cookies, cakes, ice creams, etc.
    -pizza (very recently, as I haven't had any in a long time)
    -going to an event and I get less food than expected (weird right? )
    -having food in my bag and eating it just because it's in my bag

I spent the last week succumbing to ALL of these and it gets really hard to stp, even when I know I am wiped out and exhausted. Today is a better day though because I didn't create any triggers for myself (even though I got free coffee, fruit, and granola bars at school. Didn't care for the chips). What helped me was listening to my hunger signals because I feel like I'm getting better at it.

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Salty foods, like chips, Cheetos, or Cheez Its. I work around it by buying the lunch packs. It's not that I can't restrict my intake with them. I'd just rather not mess around with it. It's easier to just say, OK, this bag is 160 calories, I can fit that in.

It's interesting, but things like ice cream and chocolate don't do this. I find them very satisfying, so I am fine with small servings. They actually help me keep my deficit easier.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Overall, I have pretty good self discipline. Until someone brings Nutella into the house. Then all bets are off!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I forgot about salsa. I mean, I go out for Tex Mex several times a month, and I do moderate it... but I don't want to. I could just about drink salsa. I just limit myself to 10 chips at most (which is enough for me to finish a cup of salsa).
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, nuts, chips, pretty much anything with lots of fat and salt
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Any alcohol except beer and drinks with pineapple or coconut.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. Nuts already get me going, but somehow the sweetness that's included in trail mix sends me over the top. It might be something I can never eat again the rest of my life, because there is no moderation available for me with that.