Random Question: HomeOwners

2»

Replies

• slider728
    slider728 Posts: 1,494 Member
    This problem could all be solved if they let me take them down but they wont....

And there is your common homeowner issue.

Unless your city has an ordinance that will force them to remove the trees, they don't have to. That is the bottom line.

I think you have a legitimate concern about them hurting your dogs. Your neighbor would be responsible for any damages, but that really doesn't help a lot in the event your dog is killed. My suggestion is to evaluate and figure out if there is a way to minimize the risk of a tree falling on the dogs. Not knowing the layout of your property and your neighbors property, it is kind of hard to help. Think about the last tree that fell, did it remain intact? If so, the good news is that those trees don't look very big. Maybe building a shed near the trees on your property near that cluster of trees might slow the fall or give something for the tree to lean on if it fell, keeping it from crashing onto the ground on on your dogs.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,894 Member
    Document everything. Even video if possible. While you legally may not be able to do anything, don't let the courts decide if something should happen just based on your word versus theirs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • wannalookbest
    wannalookbest Posts: 14 Member
    The barrels seem like they might be a health and safety issue. You may have grounds to bring your city or county government involved. Who knows...what might be coming from that barrel could be what is making the tree rot.
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,205 Member
    The barrels seem like they might be a health and safety issue. You may have grounds to bring your city or county government involved. Who knows...what might be coming from that barrel could be what is making the tree rot.

I actually said that to all the officials tio including the fire department. I told them there are roughly five barrels surrounded by leaves and debris with unmarked liquid inside how is this not a health or after violation, but the fire department didn't do anything about it. I took lots of pictures today and a video. I'll have to figure something out for my dogs while I figure this out.