Working moms and exercise

Options
2»

Replies

• G2pt0
    G2pt0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    ydyms wrote: »
    I have 8 month old twins and work full time. I try to walk or run on the treadmill 4 nights a week and strength training the other 2. Not always possible but at least I try!

I also have 8 month old twins, work 3/4 time and now that they fairly consistently get up 1x a night each, I just started getting the pep in my step to workout at 5am. I am crazy impressed with your 4 nights a week treadmill biz!
  • leanne0627
    leanne0627 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Im a single working mom and i workout early in the am before the kids are awake or i also had us all join the YMCA. I can workout while they play basketball or go swimming etc. Mine are older so they are ok doing that without me. When they were younger i joined a gym that had free babysittig while you worked out. I found that so helpful. sometimes id go workout just to have an hour to myself listening to music and exercising!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mine are 10 & 6 years. I get up at 4:30 and workout before heading into work:).
  • shelleysykeskeene
    shelleysykeskeene Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am a working mom of a 4 year old.

I work out 6 days per week - usually 20-30min cardio per day Mon-Fri and 40min plus on a Saturday (treadmill). Three times per week I also throw in about 20 minutes strength training (free weights)

All done at home as I cannot afford gym - but luckily hubby will watch my son while I am busy or else we watch a movie together and instead of me sitting to watch the movie, I walk/jog on the treadmill. The time will pass anyway so why not workout?
  • capturethememories
    Options
    Working mom with lots of kiddos and pets! I work 2 jobs and the juggle is difficult at times, but am going to get it together! Started tracking food today!
  • capturethememories
    Options
    Mine are 10 & 6 years. I get up at 4:30 and workout before heading into work:).

That is what I use to do, need to get back into that routine!