In tears... Need advice!

Options
2»

Replies

• sam45890
    sam45890 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good job on breastfeeding your baby :) I nursed mine until he was two. Exclusively breastfed until he was 6 months, and then we started mashed foods.

Possibly the fenugreek, but please don't worry about your weight now! It could also be water retention, or that time of month or something. It's just 3 pounds, you can make it disappear just as quick!

You could try other alternatives if you're worried about your milk supply, but you don't need to. Babies get finicky about the milk at your child's age, since they get distracted by the world they notice around them now! :) Almonds, barley, anchovies, and garlic all apparently help milk flow, probably give it a try :)

This. I breastfed my 2 babies for a total of 6 years. I was still breastfeeding when I started losing weight but i did it pretty slowly. Eat healthily, cut down your sugar and processed foods increase the veg, fibre and protein and get moving every day. It will come off . That 3lb is probably water weight, it's not going to be fat unless you ate a weeks worth of food in a day. Definitely right about babies being distracted a lot at the 6 month age. I wouldn't worry too much about supply, at this stage feeding is well established and you will produce what your baby needs as long as you look after your body. As for only wanting to eat healthily if you're losing weight, maybe you need to consider the benefits of eating healthy to your energy levels and ability to play with your children and be a good role model for them as they grow older.

It will happen, don't give up!
  • teresab101
    teresab101 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump