Food diary

Options
Trying to get into the habit of logging what I eat is hard to remember to do everyday. The last week I probably only logged maybe twice? Is there any notifications to help one to remember to log in everyday?? Thanks in advance

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    nadean1980 wrote: »
    Trying to get into the habit of logging what I eat is hard to remember to do everyday. The last week I probably only logged maybe twice? Is there any notifications to help one to remember to log in everyday?? Thanks in advance

You can set up reminders in the phone app (in the settings section).

You could also set up alarms on your phone (if you aren't using the app) or maybe via your email/calendar on your computer.
  • daremightythings
    daremightythings Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    if you have the app downloaded, you can set it to remind you to log your food or complete your day.

i know a lot of people will pre-log their food for the next day the night before, or log everything in the morning that they plan to eat during the day. you can always edit later if something changes. i personally try to pre-log the night before so i know what to pull out of the freezer or if i need to stop at the market and grab anything after work.

hope that helps!
  • nadean1980
    nadean1980 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I will look for the reminder thing. Great idea on pre-logging too!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I prelog 2 weeks at a time.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    " Is there any notifications to help one to remember to log in everyday??"

If there is, or was, food in front of, or near, you that you:
    A. Plan on eating,
    B. Are eating, or;
    C. Have eaten

log it. The arrival of food and/or the eating of it is your notification that you should log it. Whether you are logging it for the first time or modifying your "prelog" to ensure correctness. Immediately before eating, during eating, after eating (as soon as is practicable and socially correct). I use my I-Phone which, for better or worse, is always with me.

Do you really need a "notification" that you have eaten something?