Gah - on the hunt for some sort of boost...

Options
I'm struggling at the moment to return to pre-wedding and pre-honeymoon eating and exercise habits. My husband and I spent a month in France having a blast on our honeymoon, and I fully intended to get back into things when I got home.

But all I seem to be able to find are excuses. It's the middle of winter here, the mornings are dark and the entire day is freezing. I've got a huge contract on at the moment with deadlines looming. As if that wasn't enough, I'm struggling to get motivated because my husband and I are going to start trying for kids in a few months (I've got a job that means we have to wait for a little bit).

A large (getting larger by the day!) part of me wants to throw in the towel because having a baby will wreck my body anyway, right? That's what I've seen happen to other people, so I'm struggling to see the point in making the effort to lose weight. I'm definitely a fatty, but not at the point where it would impact fertility, etc.

Any tips, advice, people in the same position?

Replies

• MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'll give you some advice from someone who's been in your shoes. Get onto it now! I 'gave up' after my wedding and in the 3mos it took for me to get pregnant with #1 I had gained 5kg. I then gained 10kg in between #1 and #2 and then we struggled to get pregnant with #3 (it took us over 2 years and I eventually found out I had PCOS and insulin resistance). It's so much harder to get into the habit when you have kids, I just wished I had done it before and gotten on top of my weight, portion sizes and activity levels before then.

Seriously, start now, you will feel so much better for it, during pregnancy and beyond.

Edit: Just wanted to say that #3 is now 1 and I'm only just finding the time to get to exercise and looking after myself. I was breastfeeding and he was a terrible sleeper, he's getting better so I'm feeling better too. My eldest is 8 and my middle child is 4.
  • TrainEliteCom
    Options
    Here are some toning workouts from my website. Also there are some in home ones too if you decide you don't have time for the gym (or it's too cold). http://trainelite.com/workouts/?workout-type=tone
    The website also offers tons of articles in regards to working out, dieting, supplementation etc. Check it out!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thanks MrsWells - it's good to hear from someone who's been in my shoes. I will do my best to take your advice onboard.

And TrainElite guy - er... thanks. I actually already know exactly what it is I have to do - it's doing it that's the problem!