Edamame

Options
I've recently discovered edamame and love them! Anyone else out there eating edamame and losing weight?

Replies

• abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Edamame is life, especially when steamed and topped with sea salt. It takes a while for me to pop them out of the pod, which really helps to extend the enjoyment of snack time.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i love it with sea salt.
    i take it to work and steam it and have a great snack. boss thinks i'm silly
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I like it, but I eat it and lose friends...standing near me anyway .
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I love edamame! I discovered it several years ago when Noodles & Company served steamed and lightly salted edamame, and ever since then I always seek it out! Panera sells a Soba Noodle bowl with Edamame and I am terribly addicted to it. Have you tried dried edamame? You can find it in your grocery store in bags similar to trail mix, it kind of tastes like a mix between pistachios and peas... which actually sounds pretty gross but it's delicious!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Whenever I make corn as a side, I add them in. Nice and colorful. I do not like them roasted since they have added bad fats.
  • Murpster2008
    Murpster2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks everyone! @hgycta Never tried them dried... Will have to try that.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I love them but try not to eat soy.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    never seen them fresh here but, i have been eating the dry roasted version ever since learning of them on here a couple months ago. i don't really care to eat them alone though, they get too blah after a few of them to me, so i add them with dried fruits, seeds and cacao nibs.
    Will say had i not tried the brand i got on a whim at cvs first, i would totally hate them for there are some nasty tasting brands out there that are disgusting.