garmin connect & mfp sync

Options
2»

Replies

• 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    yeah you might need to look at the in-depth report to see how it actually allocated your calories. Once you log in to the left of the word connect in the upper left corner there are some lines. Click on that and you will see various different views. You can click the calorie in/out one and change the date to the date in question. Lots of stuff in there.
  • jpaxton1118
    jpaxton1118 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is actually showing that my walking calorie burn is more then my running. I am soooo confused!!!!!
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    how many calories did it give you for running and what was the running distance? How many steps did you do not including running?
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    0dys5h5p2565.png

It shows for distance for steps to be 11.09 miles. That can't be right.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    yeah that doesn't look right. I did a little searching and it seems others have had a problem like this. Are you by any chance also using an iphone health app that you are syncing with?
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    No. I don't believe so. I will double check.
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    No I am not. I guess I should not track the steps until they figure this out.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Sorry I couldnt be of more help. I think some people said that they zero out the calories for the activity. Here is a link to the forum that I found very helpful when I struggled through my first steps in the Garmin world last year.

https://forums.garmin.com/search.php?searchid=1546765
  • jpaxton1118
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate it.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I noticed a warning on the previous day's calories tab in Garmin Connect about a time change. It stated that the time was changed and things would not be correct.

Yesterday Garmin synced with MFP for both runs and then all the earned calories were subtracted. I manually removed the correction.

Today everything seems normal and the warning from the 24th is gone.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Yesterday I noticed a warning on the previous day's calories tab in Garmin Connect about a time change. It stated that the time was changed and things would not be correct.

Yesterday Garmin synced with MFP for both runs and then all the earned calories were subtracted. I manually removed the correction.

Today everything seems normal and the warning from the 24th is gone.

I did see a mention about a time change messing things up on the Garmin forum. I am taking it easy this week so maybe I have just avoided some of these issues.
  • rhionnan
    rhionnan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anyone having issues today? It wont sync today for me.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    Mine didn't transfer yet for the day
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I just synched and my steps and calories came over so hopefully it is working for you..
  • topazgal
    topazgal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I got my vivofit 2 a few days ago and mine doesnt sync to mfp either.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I just synced and my steps came over. Lazy day so I didnt earn enough calories for it to change exercise from 0.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Mine has been working for the past couple days. I haven't been running due to an injury but it has recorded my steps properly. I'll test it again when I run on Thursday.
  • cpleasan
    cpleasan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I received my vivofit2 for Christmas and have never been able to get the two to sync. So very frustrating.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    cpleasan wrote: »
    I received my vivofit2 for Christmas and have never been able to get the two to sync. So very frustrating.

Does your device sync ok with Garmin Connect but then Garmin Connect doesn't sync with MFP? It should be working by now.
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I also got the 235. How do you make sure you don't get double calories. I ran and it counted those calories and it also counted my steps but it counted also while I was running so now I have double the calories.

Normally it just works, but yesterday I also had double calories. I'm just waiting for things to settle.