Advice on cals

Options
I am managing to stick to my diet but am not eating mega healthy - Will this affect my weight lose - or is it all about calories - I am 187 pounds 5 foot 3 inches and 45 years old. I am eating around 1500 cals a day never more than 1800. I have a desk job but am on my feet half the day. only excercise is a bit of walking to and from work approx 10 miles per week - advise welcomed

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    As long as you are under calories you will lose weight. That being said, you want to try to meet your macro goals.
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If your under your caloric needs you will lose weight. Calories in and calories out. It's really that simple
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Foods doesn't matter, it's calories what does. Try to keep it in range of 1500 to 1800 in majority of days a week and you will lose some, with time. 1800 is, after my calculations, your maintenance tho, so at days you ate 1800 you will not lose anything. Try keep it at least at 1600 maximum. Maybe even as low as 1300 some days, not lower.
  • traceyellis123
    traceyellis123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks - for advice - I have set my daily calorie intake to 1600 - going to try to eat under 1600 in a daily basis and always eat a minimum of 1200 for the time being and see what happens- and I need to get a move on and do some exercise!!!!