Here I am!

Options
I very briefly introduced myself when I first started using MFP at the end of August but I thought it might be time to share a bit more about myself.
I have always struggled with my weight and have lost and regained more lbs than I wish to remember but this stage of my life began with the death of my husband at the age of 48 due to cancer 4 and a half years ago. I spent 4 years just trying to keep emotionally afloat and steadily gaining weight. Last summer I reached crisis point-knee and hip pain preventing me from doing the things I enjoy and I knew it was time to reclaim my life and start living again.
MFP and Fitbit have helped me to lose 49lbs with other 51lbs to go for me to reach my initial goal. I walk, go to the gym and do an Aqua class twice weekly. I have no hip pain and no pain in my right knee. My left knee still gives me problems but I can cope with it. I've just booked a walking holiday for August to walk 62miles from Melrose to Lindisfarne. This would have been unimaginable last August!
I'd love some more MFP friends for mutual encouragement and motivation so feel free to friend me.
All the best with your own journeying.