officially sad!!!!

Options
I had to take a 6 month break from running, after a year long streak, because I broke my hip, was allowed to start on c25k again in October and now I look at the calendar and see that my scheduled run day next week is Christmas day. I look again and try and work out how I can fit it in - officially a sad runner lol

Replies

• blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Go get it in! I have run on Xmas day in the past and it is awesome. My family is not SO demanding on my time I can't take a couple hours for myself. Also, you feel like such a bada$$ running on Xmas. Like yeah, look at me, I'm so hardcore I run on Xmas. Get it done!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    jusbowers wrote: »
    I had to take a 6 month break from running, after a year long streak, because I broke my hip, was allowed to start on c25k again in October and now I look at the calendar and see that my scheduled run day next week is Christmas day. I look again and try and work out how I can fit it in - officially a sad runner lol

I feel your pain... started working out, got a severely frozen shoulder. It took 2 years to recover from that (and I couldn't do anything that could even potentially jar it during that time, so no exercise) and then almost immediately aggravated an old knee injury. Improved that in physio to the point of tolerating it, then injured the other shoulder... argh...
  • Aed0416
    Aed0416 Posts: 101 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I had knee surgery that sidelined me for 3 months. When I started running again I had to completely start over. It was frustrating. Wanting to run but having to heal and rest was frustrating. Every time The weather, or my schedule, or how tired I am tempts me to blow off a run I remember how I felt a couple of months ago.

How long is your run? An hour maybe 90 minutes? You can find the time if you really try. Split it into two runs if you want.
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    im not a runner but I workout. I had total knee replacement 3months ago, the only thing I can do besides my PT is the elliptical runner, I'm just waiting for that day I can do a full pedal on the bike meaning go all the way around. I do have a few friends that run and they do it on X-mas.