Depression

Options
SnowballsMom805
SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
Is anyone on here struggling with Depression? I am getting back into exercise after a serious episode of depression. Been trying to exercise and eat healthy and would love some company.

Replies

• flowermami
    flowermami Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Depression is such a terrible thing. I am overcoming years of sever depression. If you ever need support I am here for you
  • Rangerfied
    Rangerfied Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I suffered with anxiety more so then depression. It's not easy I know and hard to get back on track. I wish you well in your journey to recovering from it.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Currently pretty okay but I've suffered on and off for years.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Don't really understand depression. I believe it's a choice. Just choose to be happy and stay busy. Exercise will help
    Out a ton and build confidence
  • Tourniquet5
    Tourniquet5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Same waiting on new job opportunity and not getting feedback fast enough binge eating and boredom are a diet killer
  • SnowballsMom805
    SnowballsMom805 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone! its good we all have each other
  • mandyrene21
    mandyrene21 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I have depression/anxiety. I have found that making an exercise plan and sticking to it helps tremendously. I also do my workouts straight away in the morning before I go to work...it makes me feel so accomplished right from the get go. You can do this! :smile:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Don't really understand depression. I believe it's a choice. Just choose to be happy and stay busy. Exercise will help
    Out a ton and build confidence

@boomshakalaka911 Depression is not a choice and you should be thankful you've never experienced it. You can't choose to be happy and while exercise can improve some of the symptoms, it doesn't cure it. You wouldn't tell someone with cancer to just choose to not be sick, it's the same thing with depression.
  • boomshakalaka911
    boomshakalaka911 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    My mom had depression and severe panic attacks and was actually hospitalized.

A good diet, exercise, and choosing to not let her thoughts take over has helped her tremendously. She hasn't taken her medication in over 8 years and is better than ever.

I stick to my belief.

@usmcmp
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    You're free to hold that belief, but just thinking happy thoughts and making healthy choices isn't a cure. It's great your mom found a way to survive without medication. Not everyone reacts to that. It isn't a choice to be depressed.
  • Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have depression. Feel free to add me. I still haven't found a way to manage it properly, but I've been able to work in exercise and a better diet.