my fitness pal app. is way cool

Options
I am 66 year young man married to a RD. My daughter is also an RD. My daughter has been watching her Macro for two years, she set me up with this program, now I can search for foods and get a good idea of what is in the food that I am about to eat before I eat it. Love this app. Lost 7 lbs in the the last 13 days.

Replies

• Tourniquet5
    Tourniquet5 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • mczarnowski
    mczarnowski Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, I too started today with a fitbit and the myfitness app. I was shocked when I found out my creamer has alot more calories than I thought. Big wake up call.
  • Jeffmcnair2013
    Jeffmcnair2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am using the app to learn what foods are better and actually see how what I choose to eat adds up. I love this app! I was surprised that my daily smoothie has ALOT more sugar than I thought
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    timbphoto wrote: »
    I am 66 year young man married to a RD. My daughter is also an RD. My daughter has been watching her Macro for two years, she set me up with this program, now I can search for foods and get a good idea of what is in the food that I am about to eat before I eat it. Love this app. Lost 7 lbs in the the last 13 days.

I know what you mean. I had to leave bagels and German potato salad alone after discovering how many calories those foods have.