Medical NSV

Options
Flab2fitfi
Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
I have had severe asthma for quite a long time but it has been especially bad the last few years. Some of this was down to undiagnosed food allergies and also smoking. Yes I knew smoking was bad and that I should have stopped.

Earlier this year I finally got my appt with the allergy clinic and one of the outcomes was putting me on Oral medication for Asthma.

I finally got the script from my GP in April and as you do read the side effects. There was 1/10 chance of getting a chest infection and the the risk of other side effects were also very high. At this point I really did not want to take the medicine. I knew then that it was either the meds or the cigs - well the cigs went (I only ever took one tablet).

I went back to the gym and started running and since then my asthma has been amazing - probably need my blue inhaler once in a couple of weeks and thats usually down to allergies or if its really humid when I run.

Today I went to see my doc just to catch up and told her that I had not taken the meds. MY asthma is under control and she has removed the tablets from my repeat list.

Replies

• TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    fantastic work! amazing what a healthier body can do all on its own. Congratulations!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Congrats on giving up the cigs! One of my biggest reasons for starting to get healthy was to get off some of my meds, so I may not know you but I am super proud of you cause I know how difficult it is!
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, these medical NSV's are my favorite. You have made a huge difference in your quality of life, so happy for you!
  • desirae1983
    desirae1983 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! It just goes to show that when given the chance, the body can heal itself :)
    I had asthma all my life, but it has been dormant for awhile. This year I was diagnosed with having allergies, although nothing specific but the doc assumes its pollen-related, and I have noticed myself wheezing when I am outside for a long period of time or if its really humid...luckily, no asthma attacks yet! Do you find your asthma is exacerbated when you are suffering from allergies?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!