Test Booster

Options
test boosters to gain weight...

Fenugreek is all natural for example would taking something like this raise your test levels and if so to the point of making weight gains or will it just make a dent in my wallet so to speak

What's your thoughts on the test boosters...?
What results have you had and using what..?

I've also done bit of studying on them and some say can help lift your mood so maybe beneficial to depressed people maybe...?

Yours thoughts on this would be much appreciated

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    or will it just make a dent in my wallet so to speak

^^This

ETA: as others have pointed out, I assumed you have normal test levels now. If you're low, I'd recommend seeing a doctor for recommendations vs taking a 'natural' OTC type product.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I would recommend going here for more information.

http://examine.com/supplements/testosterone-booster/

My understanding has always been they don't increase your T-levels above normal, they only aide to boost T-levels if you're someone who suffers from low-T. Even then I would recommend seeing a doctor first.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Wait ... I thought fenugreek was a lactation aid for moms with low milk supply. I'm pretty sure that's not testosterone (although I'm not an expert)
  • 1989lukemyers
    1989lukemyers Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify Mathjulz... You are correct many women do use this supplement as an aid or hope to improve on milk supply... But I dont think I'm aware of any supplement or drug that as one use :/ I was meanly giving an example of an natural test booster and haha if you want testosterone you will need to inject into the *kitten* that I'm aware of lol

Be carful what you put into your body it will have many affects and not just the obvious ones...

Many bodybuilder have been using the supplement for many years manly for after cycles.. Pct etc to help restore but was just wondering how the natural test boosters would affect the body if at all
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    If you have normal test levels they don't do anything. You'd be better off spending your money on zinc and magnesium (along with Vitamin D and B6) if you feel like you absolutely want to take something.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    The answer is not at all. My doctor and I actually tested this with blood tests and several different "natural test boosters".

The end result was no change at all, minor natural fluctuations only.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Waste of money.

Best test boosters: high intensity exercise and PED's

The rest of the "natural" test boosters are just fodder to make big bucks on, especially males who somehow think that bodybuilders are taking these supplements and are getting huge.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Anything you can buy legally/over the counter will have negligible, if any, effects on boosting test. Complete and total waste of money. Regardless of what their slick advertising tries to tell you.
  • elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    test boosters to gain weight...

Fenugreek is all natural for example would taking something like this raise your test levels and if so to the point of making weight gains or will it just make a dent in my wallet so to speak

What's your thoughts on the test boosters...?
    What results have you had and using what..?

I've also done bit of studying on them and some say can help lift your mood so maybe beneficial to depressed people maybe...?

Yours thoughts on this would be much appreciated

A lot of products in this category, including tribulus, DAA (d-aspartic acid), maca, fenugreek, avena sativa, ZMA and longjack. The truth on these "natural testosterone boosters" is simple: none of them have ever been shown in reliable research to raise test levels high enough to positively influence muscle growth or training performance.

It's important to realize here that increasing testosterone on its own is NOT enough. A small increase of a few % here and there might look interesting on paper, but in order for that to actually benefit you in the gym, you'd need a large increase of several hundred percent or more, which at the moment can only be achieved through the use of actual anabolic steroids.

Testosterone boosting herbs and vitamins are nothing more than a marketing ploy. They might have a small positive effect on overall libido, but in terms of directly influencing muscle growth, they're next to useless.

The "best testosterone booster" out there is simply hard training in the gym, good sleeping habits and a well balanced diet that contains an adequate amount of fat. Don't bother wasting your money on pills and powders that claim to raise testosterone to above-normal levels, as there isn't a single shred of evidence to suggest that they're actually worth spending your hard earned money on.

So do they work at all???

As potential libido enhancers for guys in the 40+ age range, perhaps.

As a mild energy or mood enhancer, maybe.

But in terms of producing raw increases in muscle size, strength or fat loss, leave the test boosters on the shelf and focus your time, money and effort on the things that really matter: proper training, nutrition and supplements that are backed by solid research.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    They don't work. The only way to increase testosterone is to add more testosterone.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    Intravenous if you went a real test boost. Otherwise, all that does is make expensive pee. Your stomach eliminates any benefits advertised.
  • clockworksailing
    clockworksailing Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'd look elsewhere for weight gain goals, for example nutrition. If you feel like you're suffering from low T that's a totally different subject; you should get it checked and the doctor will put you on TRT if it's necessary. Talking about supplements; most of these natural boosters are beneficial herbs but they're not good at increasing the actual T level. So I wouldn't even bother.

If you do have normal T levels and you're inquiring about increasing it even further solely for the purpose of lean mass gain, that would be going down the steroid road. If you have regular T levels, just forget about T and keep up a good nutrition/workout plan and you'll be fine.