Crazy question....

Obnoxa
Obnoxa Posts: 187 Member
edited December 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I do cardio on a stationary bike, I also do resistance training but only when I do cardio it happens; my nose runs!? It's been 7 months now and regardless of time of day or season, I always have to blow my nose at least once O.O

Anyone else get this, or at least know wtf that's about? It's annoying! Lol

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2015
    My nose always runs when I exercise. I keep a box of tissues with my equipment.
  • Obnoxa
    Me too! Well at least I know I'm not alone ;)
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Sounds like exercise induced rhinitis. Could be caused by a lot of things, allergic reaction to stuff in the air that you're sucking in because you're breathing heavier and sucking more of it in, the air that you're breathing drying out your sinuses causing your body to create more mucus for moisture or just straight out allergic reaction to the toxins created by your body during exercise. It happens. You can either get a nasal spray to take prior to your workout that fights allergic reactions and moisturizes your sinuses or just blow your noise when it happens.
  • Obnoxa
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Sounds like exercise induced rhinitis. Could be caused by a lot of things, allergic reaction to stuff in the air that you're sucking in because you're breathing heavier and sucking more of it in, the air that you're breathing drying out your sinuses causing your body to create more mucus for moisture or just straight out allergic reaction to the toxins created by your body during exercise. It happens. You can either get a nasal spray to take prior to your workout that fights allergic reactions and moisturizes your sinuses or just blow your noise when it happens.

Good to know! A spray is a good idea; I will try it, thanks!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Interesting
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »

You are so knowledgeable and such a good communicator. I love your posts! I wanna be like you when I grow up.