My year in review [pictures!]

Options
Hey pals!
I've put this in the success category, because I'm on my road to success and I'm finally feeling like I'm back on the right path. Last year, I lost 29 pounds between February and December. At the end of the year, I had some personal and very emotional things happen, and between the middle of December and the end of January I gained 7 pounds back. Between the beginning of February and the end of March, I quit smoking [yay me!], went on two vacations and got carpal tunnel in my wrist [to the point that I lost feeling in my fingers for several months], and all of those set me back majorly. By the end of May, I was at 18 pounds gained :/ By then I was obviously way beyond frustrated. I was cleared from physical therapy and starting to get the feeling back in my fingers, and decided it was time to get my butt back in gear. However losing this time around proved to be quite difficult, the pounds did not come off nearly as easily as they did in 2014, as you can see in my charts below:
2014_zpscajdodmq.png
2015%201_zpskftesjuj.png
However, this time around, I spent far less time on the cardio machines and more time on strength training. And although I'm 9.4 pounds heaver than I was at my lowest in the middle of December 2014, I really like the way my body looks now more than I did then. You can certainly tell that I've got more fat on my body in 2014 than in 2015, and I wish I was keeping track of my body fat percentage back then so I could compare the two, but I didn't start that until May of this year. And as far as measurements go, my chest went down 1", waist is now back at the same measurement, and hips are up 1"
LEFT - December 19, 2014
Chest 34"
Waist 29"
Hips 37"
140.7 pounds
RIGHT - December 18, 2015
Chest 33"
Waist 29"
Hips 38"
gfdh_zpsnjvjfuda.jpg

Goes to show you how much the scale can lie. And I'll try to convince people of that all day, but I still get down on myself when I see a number I don't want to see. I think my head will always be that way, but when I start to get down I like to do my measurements and progress pictures, they can show you so much more progress than the dumb scale.
Now I've got 32 days until my vacation to Puerto Rico, I'm going to try to do as much as 30 day shred before than as I can [usually when I do it I take rests on weekends, but clearly don't have time for that this time!] because I had some great results last time I did it, I'm going to see how much progress I can make in a matter of a month with my eye on the prize for that vacation!
And I'll be getting my wedding dress in March, so I'd love to kick butt for the next couple months before that comes in!!

I get a little discouraged considering I took a year to get back to liking my body again, but nothing changes the fact that my body has improved incredibly since February 2014
February 2, 2014
Chest: 36"
Waist: 35"
Hips: 43"
169.2 Pounds
December 18, 2015
Chest 33"
Waist 29"
Hips 38"
IMG_4078_zpsy7hibyek.jpg

IMG_4081_zps2dilsete.jpg

Feel free to add me! I'm always looking for new friends :smiley: and upon request, I'll share 30 day shred results, just let me know if you want them! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!