meal suggestions please!

Options
I am looking to lose 11 lbs so I want to increase my protein & fiber intake and decrease my carb consumption. Any suggestions as to some easy meals that work with my new plan? I work full-time and don't like to cook but I am capable of whipping up something quick and easy.

Suggestions please?

Replies

• melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to limit carbs unless you have a medical issue.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    A big green salad was a favorite of mine for dinner to lose weight add a protein like beans or even almond slivers. Easy to make.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    There's no reason to limit carbs unless you have a medical issue.

You can still desire more balance in your diet. When I'm not paying attention to macros, I end up eating 60-70% of my calories from carbohydrates and always end up short on protein those days. So by seeking balance I'm able to slowly adjust so my body has more balanced nutrition. Your reply doesn't at all help our dear OP.

I personally am trying to do the same. I buy those steamable bags of veggies from the frozen section, usually can find them on sale for a buck each!! Then I have frozen chicken tenders in the freezer. So a basic lunch for me includes chicken or maybe a left over meat (maybe I cooked extra pork chops one night or we had some left over meatballs for example-store bought can really be tasty!) and the veggie. I'm a huge fan of sauces, and I found that alfredo sauce really tastes great and satisfies me, also pretty low cal! So my bowl ends up being super fast, I steam the veggies, weigh out my sauce and chicken, and by the time the veg is done I mix it up and the heat from the veggies usually heats the rest enough! Veggies are great because you really do get full! I usually eat about half the bag of veg then save the rest for dinner.

I am all for convenience foods! I also like tuna fish or canned salmon on salads with lemon juice or Italian dressing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I am looking to lose 11 lbs so I want to increase my protein & fiber intake and decrease my carb consumption. Any suggestions as to some easy meals that work with my new plan? I work full-time and don't like to cook but I am capable of whipping up something quick and easy.

Suggestions please?

Salads with lots of greens and something like salmon. YUM.
    Choose nutrient dense, high fiber carbs. Lots of great foods. You'll find that often the more nutrient dense, high fiber carbs are naturally lower in carbs. :)
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You could have a couple pieces of baebequed talapia with broccoli.