Planning

Options
LarryDUk
LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
I find myself planning my meals just before I eat them. The only exception is breakfast as I just generally have cereal. I eat out a lot, which isn't a problem for the weight as I generally have a 'good' option. I am also normally late home say 930-10 PM each night. I am considering eating something small at 7 PM before I leave work and then something small when I get in if I feel like it. The main issue is that would mean eating three meals a day at work, which does kinda bother me.

Question is, do you plan what you are going to eat weekly, monthly or not at all. Does anyone eat their evening meal at work? Does anyone prep lunch and dinner and bring them to work with them?

Clearly in the long run this would save loads of money, but I am more in it so I can prepare proper food to eat because I am exercising and I don't want to eat the wrong food stuff.

Replies

• MooseKnuckle5
    Options
    I find planning your meals so beneficial. I usually don't plan a month or even a week ahead but usually a couple days ahead. I generally eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch during the week and try to plan out my dinners. This allows me to see that if one dinner is really bad, I need to watch my portion size of it. Conversely if the dinner is very healthy, I can eat and eat until I'm stuffed because I know I'll still be under my macros.

As for bringing dinner to work, it could all work depending on your hours. Me, I'm an early worker so I bring my breakfast and lunch to work but leave dinner for home since I'm usually there around 4pm.
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes - sometimes I even have breakfast, lunch and dinner at work! And I'm not the only one.

Basically when I'm at work I'm thinking hard about my job, or chatting to colleagues. So I really love being able to just grab a box of food from the fridge and heat it up without further cognitive effort!

If I have to decide what to eat when I've got my hungry head on the result is not pretty.
  • VivereDisce
    Options
    The only way I stick to my goals is by planning. I work third shift, so planning for 2-3 days in advance is amazing! If I plan for a whole week, I tend to get too bored with my food.