In need of Low calorie, filling snacks!

We're traveling for Christmas and I am going to be spending a whole day either at the airport or on the plane. I don't want to give in to the high calorie menu items at the food court and so I'm looking to pack a variety of low calorie, but filling snacks for the day. Any items you all would recommend? I'm very new to mfp, I've only been using this app for 10 days!

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Protein bars with a large glass of water. They fill you up for hours. Easy to carry. Fiber one bars are high in fiber and good for keeping you regular when you travel. Almonds in single serving baggies.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    When I was cutting I'd weigh out a couple hundred grams of cucumber, and maybe about 100 of yellow pepper...throw them in a ziplock bag with a pinch of salt and chili-garlic paste. Spicy, salty, high volume.

If I need to low cal snack, I'm more in the "let's get this crap done" mind frame. I also have carrots, some 0% fage with cocoa powder and stevia, laughing cow cheese on any veggie/low calorie vessel.
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Those tuna and cracker snack packs. 120 calories and it feels like "real food". Apple slices, light babybel cheese, popcorn, hard-boiled eggs, blackberries...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    moyen2 wrote: »
    Those tuna and cracker snack packs. 120 calories and it feels like "real food". Apple slices, light babybel cheese, popcorn, hard-boiled eggs, blackberries...

Oh yes popcorn. I eat it every single night. Great snack.