Help for guy trying to lose weight/build muscle

Options
So I don't have any experience in the trying to build muscle department or anything like that. I'm a girl with no knowledge of bulking. My friend used to be thin and started gymming and got a little more mass. He feels sort of fat though and was going to stop all food intake and drink protein shakes in order to achieve his goal body in the next 30 days. Absolutely ludicrous. I wanted to give him advice on what he should actually do but I haven't the slightest. Can someone help me? What should he be eating? What kinds of like protein shakes should he be taking? What kinds of workouts should he be doing? He doesn't want to get bigger, he wants to get like crazy toned if that makes sense. Any help would be appreciated!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Tell him to download this app, set it to lose .5lbs (maybe 1 lb) per week and eat the amount of calories it tells him. Losing fat has nothing to do with protein shakes, just calories. He obviously wants to maintain muscle, so he should continue to lift heavy and be eating at least .8g protein per pound of body mass daily.