Yogurt and Sugar

Options
Hello all!

I just wanted some feedback/general opinion. I've recently started tracking my sugar in a bid to try and take off the last few pounds. I'm finding I'm going wayyyy over my sugar each day. By the time I have a half cup of yogurt, all bran buds sprinkled in, and one or two pieces of fruit, i'm already exceeding my limit by lunch time.

Just wondering...what type of yogurt or other foods are you using to keep down your sugar? I don't know if I can go without my yogurt!!

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    What type of yogurt are you eating? If it's highly processed crud it's going to be high in sugar (real or artifical). Stick to a plain greek style yogurt (Chobani, Brown Cow, Fage) and see how you like it. Also, real sugars are not too horrible for you, it's the artifical stuff that you need to watch out for.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I eat FAGE 0% Organic Greek Yogurt... religiously! The protein in it is awesome, and I love its thick texture. I usually put in fruit, fat free whipped topping, a few chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc. Give it a try!
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    Options
    Chobani yogurt is lower in sugar (and higher in protein and comes in a 0% fat variety) and tastes wonderful!
  • Dive_Girl
    Dive_Girl Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of sugar because if really makes me hungry all day and I also notice it makes me feel tired. I eat Greek God's Plain Yogurt and LOVE it all by itself. But, for breakfast I toss in some fruit and chopped nuts or...I use it in place of sour cream. The active cultures actually help my digestive system also and like you, I cannot give up yogurt, I love it too much. However, not every store carries it. They do have a store locator on their website http://www.greekgodsyogurt.com/html/ .
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback! I know i've been eating the yogurts that are typically higher in sugar, really anything that's 2 for $5 at the store haha but I try and keep it pretty limited to a 1/2 cup a day. I've been wanting to switch to Greek yogurt but I don't have a grocery store close by & have to go with what I can get at the small corner store.

Thanks for your feedback! I'll see what I can do!