Progress on 5:2 diet/alternate day fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• avibachar
    avibachar Posts: 47
    Options
    For those 500cals on the "low cal" days...do you just eat a 500 cal dinner at the end of the day so that you've had like 18-24hrs without food, or do you spread it out over the course of the day?
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    For those 500cals on the "low cal" days...do you just eat a 500 cal dinner at the end of the day so that you've had like 18-24hrs without food, or do you spread it out over the course of the day?

I'll have dinner the night before then on the following day (fasting) I eat lunch no snacks and then dinner bulk of my calories is at dinner time
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Amazing results.
  • Bunbun15
    Bunbun15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congrats, you look great, and the difference in your health that you've outlined is fabulous. I'm on my first week of 5:2 and am feeling really positive. I heart Michael Moseley anyway so... :-D
    Well done, you're an inspiration.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congrats!
  • lilimini
    lilimini Posts: 56
    Options
    Congratulations on losing all that weight!! I can't believe it only took you 6 months! Congratulations!!
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Well done.
  • beelox
    beelox Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I have my last meal on a normal day around 8pm then sometimes I will eat breakfast the next morning - something light around 150 calories or I have nothing until around 1pm when i have a light lunch around 200 calories - I then have my main meal in the evening consisting usually around 4-500 calories...I sometimes graze on little bits of fruit which i dont count..only things like small berries or a chunk of pineapple..nothing that adds up greatly
  • Fitfully_me
    Fitfully_me Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job, it's nice to see results of someone who has been doing 5:2 for a longer period of time.

I started it in April and I still struggle to stick to 500 cals (today was low calorie and I think I finished around 650), but hey I've lost over a stone in 8 weeks so I'm happy :D
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So far in just 6 months I have managed to lose 73lbs - want to lose another 30lbs to reach my goal...

rlgot0.png

How wonderful of/for you--congrats! You look so different than the before pic and also you look so happy and
    :glasses: super cool :glasses: in the after pic--you ROCK sir! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!