Juicing

Options
milocamolly
milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
edited December 2015 in Food and Nutrition
Do you do it? What are your favorite combinations? I have started to replace my morning meal with a mixed veggie fruit juice and I love it. I usually have to run out of the house in the mornings to take kids to school and head to work so I usually don't eat lunch until after 1. However I juice in the evening and save my juice for in the morn. It keeps me full and I am not starving when it comes to lunch. Today I had cucumber, celery, beer and carrot. I am looking for some more combinations...

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    I thought you had to drink the juice as soon as it was made or the nutrients start to degrade?
  • milocamolly
    milocamolly Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Do they? I have no idea, I just do it the night before. It's so much easier to grab and go then to do it in the morn.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    I thought you had to drink the juice as soon as it was made or the nutrients start to degrade?

I think this is true.

I don't juice per se, as in replace meals, but I do occasionally make a veggie juice to have with a snack. It's fun, but I'd rather eat the fruits and veggies because they provide much needed fiber.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I thought I read somewhere that you have 24 hours from the time it is made. But the nutritional value of it slowly decreases throughout that time. I would have to look for sources on that though.

OP, I don't juice, but I do use the nutribullet to make a smoothie (keep the fibre) for early morning quick meal on the way out the door. I usually just throw it together in the morning, but I could put the ingredients in the container the night before, weigh out portions, and then add water/tea first thing in the morning and blend it up before leaving. I like to add chia seeds and protein powder to keep a better nutritional balance and keep me full longer.