Finally cracked the maintenance thing??

Hey all, this week I am 59.8. Last week 60.0. Prior to that 59.9. Previous week 60.5. Week before that 60.3kgs. I am so glad that my weight is not swinging up and down by huge amounts anymore. It also means I am not adding or loosing huge amounts of water. Sadly though christmas is nearly here and I know I will eat like a little piggy at least one day and maybe two. Hopefully I will be back to fasting on sunday or monday. I do feel nervous about it though. Any ideas ladies??

Replies

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    1961dublin wrote: »
    Hey all, this week I am 59.8. Last week 60.0. Prior to that 59.9. Previous week 60.5. Week before that 60.3kgs. I am so glad that my weight is not swinging up and down by huge amounts anymore. It also means I am not adding or loosing huge amounts of water. Sadly though christmas is nearly here and I know I will eat like a little piggy at least one day and maybe two. Hopefully I will be back to fasting on sunday or monday. I do feel nervous about it though. Any ideas ladies??

Water weight fluctuations are completely normal. Trying to achieve the same number on the scale every weigh in is not realistic.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Just keep going. Weight fluctuates.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    1961dublin wrote: »

One Christmas overeating didn't made you overweight....all the days over eating besides Christmas did!

So yes you will eat probably to much with Christmas, and yes you will gain a bit maybe. Which is most of the time water weight anyway. You will lose that fast enough
    The key is back to normal after your lovely enjoyable Christmas.

When you go back to maintaining level you will lose the water weight ( weight always fluctuate naturally) and when you have a pound to much...well you lost all that weight...you know what to do to cut that pound....just eat a week 250 calories less a day or 100 whatever.

Just enjoy life! You know how you can cut it off....just dont let those extra pounds became 5 and than 10 and than 15 etc etc
    That is how you ended up here.
    But dont flip out or let yourself dragging down by gaining a bit. You wont gain all the weight back in one go. It takes time just dont let it come that far.

I am in the middle of finding maintenance level and when i thought i was almost there, today i lost another pound. lol not to bad at all of course...so we up the calories next week again.
    But for sure i will enjoy Christmas dinner and champagne etc.
    Not going to get nervous about it. And when i overeat and gain ( so not water weight but really gain a pound of fat) i will cut back the week or weeks after. :) Not much about 200 calories a day till it is gone :)

Really enjoy it!!!!

95069916.png

• BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    btw your weight goes up and down all the time...daily weekly
    keep a weight range. Look how long higher weight stays.

When it really doesn't come off after a week it is a real gain...but most of the time it does

My range is around 145 pounds....so 142 and 148...... above the 148 for a week will make me go back to cutting calories.
    But it doesn't happen i have water weight to 151 and the following days it comes off and my weight goes back to the 145 pounds over the days....

btw i lost another 1.4 pound lol so it is 144.4 now.

so think of your weight as in a weight range.....not one number.

95069916.png
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Sounds like you are maintaining nicely, weight fluctuates a lot and as others have said, keep a range of -/+ 3 to 5lbs and then you know when at either end for a prolonged period, adjustments need to be made.

Over Christmas I wont log but I will be mindful. I always am now - gone are the days when I just eat for sake of eating, something has to be really tasty and even then I'll keep an eye on portion size. I don't enjoy that feeling full to bursting at all.

So I would just say, enjoy the Christmas eating, its only a few days and then get back to eating at maintenance right away, I'll eat at deficit for a few days after both days just to get back to my happy weight as soon as possible :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    oh and I'll be sure to take a few good walks too, that always helps :smiley:
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Instead of fasting, I go buy a big thing of mixed greens (salad) and chomp down on it all day. ** Just a healthier way to fast.
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Thanks everyone. I took your suggestions on board. I ate like mad yesterday but thats the end of it. I dont feel bad. Today its back to logging. Hope you all had a great xmas??