Fit Bit

Options
Anyone have one? If so, do you see enough results from it to recommend buying one? I have a few friends with them but can't come to terms to buy one. Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,

-Josh-

Replies

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    My results come from how well I comply with staying under my calorie goal. The Fitbit provides lots of numbers and charts for me to geek out over. I only wanted a Bluetooth HRM, but I was sold on the Fitbit's Charge HR. I do like the data, but it pretty much just confirms what I already knew. Maybe there's been a little more accuracy, but not really enough to justify the purchase unless you also enjoy geeking out on the data. I guess it's also possible that the social aspects of the app will help motivate you, and that can't be a bad thing.

It is a glorified pedometer with social functions - some models also function as a HRM. You're ultimately going to have to decide for yourself whether you think it's worthwhile.
  • JoshGouvisis
    JoshGouvisis Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks! Anyone else?
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit surge and really like it. It gets me moving to achieve my minimum of 10,000 steps/day. And it syncs really nicely with MFP. Because of it, I've jumped on the treadmill or taken my dogs for really long walks where before I would of been content to curl up on the couch just. Definitely has gotten me more active than before.

But regardless, you have to be committed. I originally bought it Feb, wore it for a week, and then it sat for months before picking it up again and committing to be being more active.
  • JoshGouvisis
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback! I appreciate it
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Nina_Ekoko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    It's a fun way to move- I have one, my family members all have one, my coworkers have one. So we compete with each other- the fit bit is what makes me get up and walk around, take the stairs, get on the treadmill, because I like to win- otherwise I don't hear the end of it. Lol.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I like it. It doesn't have a HRM, which would've been nice, but I didn't want something I had to wear on my wrist all the time. I like the one because you can hook it just about anywhere.
  • Sweep79
    Sweep79 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love mine so much. Definitely makes me move more and stops me from kidding myself about how many calories I've expended (and thus prevents me over eating!).
  • Rdsgoal16
    Rdsgoal16 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit surge and really like it, I like the ability to see my hr at a glance and love the steps tracking. the surge can see text messages and control music volume so its nice when I am in a meeting and don't want to be staring at my phone. oh the vibrating alarm is awesome, I think I used to go into shock with a normal audio loud alarm in the am
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip. Cheep end of the scale, but I like the extra data. I could do this without it, but I like the conformation that I'm doing it right. Of course, the scale is also telling me this!
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Rdsgoal16 wrote: »
    I have the fitbit surge and really like it, I like the ability to see my hr at a glance and love the steps tracking. the surge can see text messages and control music volume so its nice when I am in a meeting and don't want to be staring at my phone. oh the vibrating alarm is awesome, I think I used to go into shock with a normal audio loud alarm in the am

Right! I had forgotten about the alarm function. That alone is probably worth the cost of the device. It isn't any gentler (to me) to wake up with the vibration on my wrist, but I don't feel overwhelming guilt for waking my husband who doesn't need to be up at stupid o'clock. Also, I tend to break alarms - dropping them off the nightstand and smashing the faceplates on the floor.
  • JoshGouvisis
    Options
    Man thanks a lot for all your feedback. I was looking at the Fitbit Surge today too! I think I saw it on groupon today for $189. I might order it tomorrow. I especially like how it syncs up with MFP. I saw the "Fitbit adjustment" on people's diaries and was like "ooh"