New Years ...

Options
New Years is approaching us soon and I was wondering who wanted to share what there new years resolution was last year and if they achieved it and what their new years revolution was this year and how they plan to achieve it. For me last year it was to lose weight and get to 160 and here I am today fluctuating from 155-160 (5'7). This year I want to continue to lose and then I'd like to tone my upper body legs and core. To help achieve my goals I plan to continue logging and do more strenth excercise.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    My resolution for last year was to be more active and lose weight, which I did indeed accomplish.

My resolution for 2016 is to shrink my uterine fibroid by lifestyle changes so I don't have to get a hysterectomy and to shock the heck out of my GYN with the results of my next ultrasound.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    my resolution was not to make any resolutions.

guess i failed ;)

seriously, resolutions dont mean jack *kitten* if you're not willing to put in the work consistently. if i want to do something, i do it. I quit smoking because i was ready to. i lost weight because i was ready to. none of these things happened because of a new year or societal obligations to make 'changes'
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    ha ^ @callsitlikeiseeit - love that post, you literally called it like it was!

Actually, last year my new years resolution was NOT to diet. It was to just be, and be healthy, and be gentle with myself. (Post break up, moving, transitions, etc etc) - and I did that, I have been very gentle, as gentle as the sloping curve of my hips, ha.

Soooo this year my new years resolution is to climb harder than I've ever climbed before (which involves getting lighter and fitter, but those are just the mechanisms, not the goal), and to re-evaluate and do some deep thinking about the role I want alcohol to play in my life. (I don't drink a lot, but I find that when I do drink, despite enjoying it, it really negatively affects me and I need to be more honest about that).

Also, being more vocal on these forums and building my community here on MFP was a goal, but I started before the New Year, because I wanted to!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i made some loose resolutions last year and was pretty successful. wanted to lose 15% of my weight, got close. wanted to be more mindful of my daily tasks, giving them meaning, was i always joyful when i swept the kitchen floor? no, but there were quite a few times where i slowed down and honored the (in my mind) menial. And wanted to spend more time being grateful, again, did i accept every moment as a gift? nope, but i found a great deal of peace finding gratitude for my world.

i plan on making some for 2016, my most ambitious one is to make one new friend, a good one.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    This year I've lost weight simply by eating less, next year I want to start eating a more balanced diet and look more closely at my macros.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I do my new years resolutions on my birthday but yeah I made a few and I actually met them!
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I do my new years resolutions on my birthday but yeah I made a few and I actually met them!

I like that idea of coordinating change with association of one's born day :smiley:

At the top of the year, I was focused on getting in better control of my health overall (more than just weight) and managing stress. Life events completely diverted my attention; as a result of unforeseen circumstances, I'm around my pre-Freshman 15 weight. I embarked on and sustained a change in how I think about food which resulted in changing what I consumed. Logging has been essential.

Going into 2016, I want to focus on retraining my body. I am capable of being more physical fit and flexible than what I am today. I expect I will seek some professional help to turn my goals/desires into a sustainable practice.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    Weight loss was mine two years ago and I had started to lose well before new years last year. I was already down 35 lbs at that point, so I needed to set a new goal last year.

My new years resolution last year was to learn how to sew. And I did. I actually made quite a few items including gifts for my mom and nieces, two purses and a skirt for myself. It was fun.

I'm thinking about what this year will be...
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I wanted to reach my goal and I failed, still stuck 3-5 pounds from it. Maybe next year? lol.