Logging daily

I forgot to log in! Now my days are messed up! does anyone know how to fix this. I have been on for 272 days and it is showing 7 days!

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited December 2015
    It's a log in streak for the days in a row you logged in. You didn't log in one day. That broke the streak.

Your days aren't messed up because it's a log in streak and your current streak is 7 days.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    seska422 wrote: »
    It's a log in streak for the days in a row you logged in. You didn't log in one day. That broke the streak.

Your days aren't messed up because it's a log in streak and your current streak is 7 days.

^^^
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    You can ask them to reset you counter here
    https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member

Which really seems like cheating unless some kind of technical difficulty was the cause.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    brb2008 wrote: »

Which really seems like cheating unless some kind of technical difficulty was the cause.

It makes no difference to me how people choose to count their days logged.

Some people want a record of how many days since they started their "change", some people want a record of how many days they totally logged food. Some people are just obsessed about keeping the counter going (cough cough, me).
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member

If it motivates someone to keep up their health and fitness, which in turn could possibly save their life, I'm all for it. It's the little things B)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member

Unless they're in some kind of contest against other people for the longest streak, how could it be cheating?
    I had them reset me once, after nearly a year and half of logging, when a flight several time zones west ended up with my finally logging in just after 9 p.m. local time, but after midnight in my home time zone. Since then, there have been a couple instances of travel to locations with limited or no Internet access, and I haven't bothered asking them to reset my tracker. I know I have logged consistently for nearly two and half years (close to 98% of the days by my calculations), so I really don't care anymore what the tracker says.

If I were inclined to say there's "cheating" with regard to streaks, it would be the fact that MFP gives credit just for using the app on any given day, not for actually logging food and activity. In part, it's just a gimmick to encourage people to come back frequently so that they generate clicks on the site and eyeballs on the ads, which is fine because that's part of their revenue model. Just realize, for any commercial site you use for free, you are the product, not the customer. In this case, many of us are the product two times over -- (1) we are the audience for advertisers, providing MFP with revenue and (2) we create content in the form of database entries and corrections, forum posts, newsfeeds, support on other users' newsfeeds, personal messages of support, etc., that help attract and retain users, which are the audience for advertisers (see point 1).
  • KikiBerry
    KikiBerry Posts: 64 Member
    *Streak ruined!*