Down 86lbs..only 14 to go!

Options
When I first started my weight loss journey in Nov of 2013 the scale read 245lbs, but I had seen it reaching 260 prior to that. Being overweight even as a child I can't tell you how many times I told myself today was the day I was going to start losing weight. It seemed like an unobtainable goal, something I would never be able to accomplish on my own. Then one day my brain just clicked..I tracked my calories and worked out (just walking on the treadmill for 30mins a day) and began steadily losing weight. After I lost 45lbs I amazingly got pregnant early 2014 after trying for over 5 years. It has taken me two years to lose 86lbs, and to some that may feel like forever, but to me it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I feel comfortable in my own skin. I have three children, recently graduated from college with my bachelors degree, and struggle with daily shoulder pain due to a deformity of my scapulas, but that hasn't stopped me from continuing to reach my long term goal of losing 100lbs. I'm so close it almost seems surreal..and I'm progressing slower now than I ever have, but I know that I will eventually get there, and I'm just enjoying the journey!

image_zpsoaogdtew.jpeg

Replies

• jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey! You look amazing! Your story was exactly what I needed to read this morning.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Cogratulations, you look fantastic. It takes discipline and commitment to lose weight at that pace. Hope you continue with your plan and enjoy the journey.
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Well done - great work!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job! It looks like your sister in the first picture..lol. Your story is a reminder that this is a journey, lifestyle change, and not a race. Best wishes!
  • meeshell314
    meeshell314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! And you're exactly right mangolpn, I'm not competing with anyone or trying to prove anything to anyone but myself :)
  • Gwen_44
    Gwen_44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!
  • mabinethin
    mabinethin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work...you look amazing
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work
  • forruths
    forruths Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You look amazing-well done!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! You look fantastic
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Inspiring! Great job!!!
  • wawa2nc
    wawa2nc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Nice job. Congrats!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Way to kick *kitten*!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Nice! You need that Donna Summer song playing in the background. Hot Stuff! Congrats!
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look awesome!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats! You look amazing!! :smile:
  • Kitty_Nikki
    Kitty_Nikki Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have to say, you were beautiful then and you are beautiful now. Congratulations on the success, you should be very proud of yourself! :smile:
  • Catho36
    Catho36 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I can so relate to your story, having it click. You have done amazing, well done
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Yahoo!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!