Anyone here with Hashimotos or Menopause??

Options
Hi Everyone!
Weight loss is hard enough, but it's rough struggling with physical and mental issues. I was on here last December I've gained 25 lbs since then. I have menopause, Lyme disease, Hashimotos, severe depression added to my already long list. Sometimes this weight loss seems IMPOSSIBLE with these isssues... I hope someone on here can be my inspiration to make it!!!! Blessing 2 All.

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Me! Am smack dab in the middle of menopause. There's a group of lovely menopausal ladies. Join us!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I lost all my weight while menopausal. It was easy for me.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid (likely Hashimoto's, but haven't had the antibody test yet). I'll be 53 in a few weeks. I've lost over 24 pounds in the past five months w/o too much trouble. Before my thyroid was regulated, however, I was barely managing to maintain my weight on 1100-1200 calories a day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I lost all my weight while menopausal. It was easy for me.

And I've been clinging to maintenance in menopause and it's not remotely easy for me. If I blink the scales go up these days. (I maintained fairly easily for 12+ years before meno.)

But as they say: everyone experiences menopause differently. I've had virtually no hot flashes. My sister is a hot wet mess.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Pawsforme wrote: »
    I'm hypothyroid (likely Hashimoto's, but haven't had the antibody test yet). I'll be 53 in a few weeks. I've lost over 24 pounds in the past five months w/o too much trouble. Before my thyroid was regulated, however, I was barely managing to maintain my weight on 1100-1200 calories a day.

Congrats on getting your thyroid sorted!