protein shakes that are safe while pregnant?

Options
I really don't eat a lot of meat. if anything I eat chicken or hamburger twice a week.
are there any protein shakes I can drink?

Replies

• ragenhay1
    ragenhay1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'd talk to your doctor or a nutritionist. There are some surprising things that you can't have while pregnant. I used to love booster juice and always got the energy boost but it has ginseng in it which is not good while pregnant.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I think whey protein is fine. I used Designer Whey when I was pregnant and my OB was fine with it.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I wonder if GNC would sell anything specially for pregnant women? Likely huh? I ate 2 eggs every single morning, with cheddar cheese or mozza cheese. I also remember eating cottage cheese with fruit every single day at 2 pm. Milk every morning and every night for calcium.
    If anything check how much synthetic vitamin A you take. You might be taking a prenatal and a shake might have even more synthetic vitamin A.
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/designer-whey-designer-whey-french-vanilla-2-lb-powder/xn-1027
    ^^ That designer whey looks pretty good. Sold at GNC also. Some other protein powders have a million additives.
    Artificial sweeteners were a concern for me, but this looks it does not have it.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I drank Optimum Nutrition 100% gold standard whey.
    My OB was fine with it.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    As long as its just a whey protein shake, without any extra supplements added, irs fine.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I'd go with a shake that is manufactured by the seller (Optimum Nutrition is one). With so many companies using 3rd party manufacturers and NO REGULATION by DSHEA as to what's in them, many supplements are possibly contaminated with ingredients that aren't even listed on the label.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png