Any teachers out there....

Options

Replies

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I teach high school! The struggle is real, guys.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    another teacher here. been on MFP for just over a year, but on my health journey for 2.5 years. I'm down 56 pounds with another 20-25 to go. Feel free to add me!! I use a combination of MFP, cardio work and training sessions with a personal trainer 2x per week.
  • luluchia100
    luluchia100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I teach 3rd and 4th grade! I'd love some new pals :)
  • lysala
    lysala Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Second grade teacher in Pittsburgh! Trying to be dedicated to my health and fitness. I lost 57 lbs since starting over a year ago. Trying to lose about 25 more. Would love to be a part of a support team!
  • fit_apple
    fit_apple Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a fairly new teacher. I'm trying to overcome the busy work schedule and still find time to be healthy. I use to be in good shape during college but once I got hired I lost my good habits.
    It would be nice to have support from other people who are in a similar situation. I'm just starting MFP. It's been about 2 weeks, but the real challenge is I go back to work this week.
    Anyways, good luck!
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm a high school teacher. I do better sticking with calories when school is in session and do better with exercise when it's not. Someday I'll figure out how to do both at the same time! :smile:
  • marcieeberle1
    marcieeberle1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Former middle school science teacher turned middle school teacher librarian here! 11 years in the classroom and I needed a change! I had lost about 25 lbs on MFP a couple of years ago, then I started a rigorous (anyone hate the word rigor?) Master's program and I gained it all back and then some. Now I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs and use some of my newfound free time to start a Couch to 5k program. Two days down! Feel free to add me, I'm new to the forums, but not new to MFP.
  • DietChocolate
    DietChocolate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I teach online science for high school and middle school as well as wear a dozen other hats such as administration, interactive course development (math and A&P are big projects this year), and training. When I had less on my plate I did so much better at keeping a good balance (pun intended). Is anyone else using Moodle, an online classroom, or building interactive lessons (I use Captivate)? Oh, I also co-moderate Classroom 2.0 which is a live online edtech webinar each Saturday.

I absolutely have a passion for teaching online, but my goal is to bring the workload into balance again. This year it has been exceptionally rare to work under 80 hours a week and during three peak months in the summer I was down to 4 hours of sleep a night to keep up with a 7 day a week workload. It will start with carving out some time to get my exercise back in to my routine again and ditch the perennial little cup of milk chocolate morsels that have been a long time resident beside my keyboard - chocolate is a weakness. I used to do a great job of selecting nutrient dense foods, but now I go for what is fast, computer desk friendly, and quiet to eat just in case I need to respond on mic. I will have a lot of work undoing habits that came along with following a passion too far. Balance. That is my goal. Passion is a good thing, but you cannot destroy yourself pursuing it.
  • lauriewagener
    lauriewagener Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yet another teacher here. I've taught students with special needs for the past 14 years. Currently I teach at a foundation for dyslexic students. I absolutely love my job there. It is so much less stressful that the public school system. Anyway, good luck to you! You've got a cheerleader in me.
  • DietChocolate
    DietChocolate Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I spotted a Teacher group in the Groups section of MFP. We should all join in so we can really be a support to each other beyond a thread. The link is http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103630-healthy-teachers
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am an elementary music teacher from NJ. My issue is that I have a long commute and then
    have other responsibilities once I'm home. I have trouble balancing everything. I'm doing okay as far as exercise lately but have a lot of problems with meal planning. I have such a long day sometimes and I know I should be eating earlier . Feel free to add me.

• Jaymefirst
    Jaymefirst Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I spotted a Teacher group in the Groups section of MFP. We should all join in so we can really be a support to each other beyond a thread. The link is http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103630-healthy-teachers

Thanks for linking!!
  • Soaringhigh2
    Soaringhigh2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Jaymefirst wrote: »
    I spotted a Teacher group in the Groups section of MFP. We should all join in so we can really be a support to each other beyond a thread. The link is http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/103630-healthy-teachers[/

Great idea!
  • neeve86
    neeve86 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes! English and History secondary (high) school teacher. Trying to get back into a routine after Christmas binging :o
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    high school social studies teacher here! I have a lot more to lose also but would love to have you add me as a friend. Welcome!
  • house101292
    house101292 Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher and looking for someone to help keep me motivated. Time always seems to be the issue.
  • allabouthegains
    allabouthegains Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Does it count as teaching if you do t get paid for it ?
  • misitaly1025
    misitaly1025 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Does it count as teaching if you do t get paid for it ?

I think so. Like a sub or some kind of school assistant?
  • mrstiffanyperkins
    Options
    Teacher in Mississippi here! Feel free to add me. I'm just starting this.
  • Bostonbee79
    Bostonbee79 Posts: 40 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. For whatever reason, I can't seem to figure out how to request friends.

We can be good support systems!!