How to improve and development on squats

Options
I train at home firstly

I train four times a week and one of them is leg day and for that I do squats then deadlifts and basically that's it

Some times do sitting and standing calf raises also

So question one: is the above sufficient?
Two: how can I add strength (aka more weight to both lifts)
And finally just for comparison and for that little bit of ego in all of us lol ...what's your Stats ..weight, leg measurement etc

Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Do it more and add more weight every session.... that's only way to get Gains.

1 time a week won't cut it
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    222 lbs 5 ft 11. I Squat 275 the 1st time last leg day..

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Run a tried and true program. SL 5x5, Starting Strength, Wendler's 5/3/1.

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are new to weight training. You will make greater gains right now by training each muscle group 2-3 times a week. A 4 day upper/lower split would hit everything twice a week. A full body program could hit it all thrice. One leg day per week is suboptimal IMO.
  • tmhdsn
    tmhdsn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm with the poster above....you get stronger, ultimately, by lifting more weight. I also agree with the poster above that recommended Rippetoe's Starting Strength or Stronglifts 5x5. Personally, if you are relatively new to lifting I might recommend the StrongLift program. Easy to follow......should experience some novice gains as your body becomes accustom to lifting.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely find a proven program written that supports your goals. Developing the squat... It all depends on your level of strength and where any deficiencies may lie. It's very common for people to be weaker in the glutes, hamstrings, and lower back so most people can't go wrong by strengthening those muscles.