Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

What's The Farthest / Longest You're Willing To Drive To Work ?

Options
By that I mean, would you be willing to drive 2-3 hours (or drive for 15 minutes, then take the train for 2-3 hours) ? Would you be willing to drive only 1-1 1/2 hours ? Would you drive out of state for a job ?

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Way too far for me. The farthest I went was a 40 minute train ride. Of course I don't work but commutes of hours just seem like your life is just work
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of freaking NOWHERE. So to do anything exiting, we have to drive at least an hour, or take metro into the city.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Not a single mile. I am lucky enough to work from home. PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    for me out of state would work because I live near borders...but I wouldn't travel more than 1 hour each way!
  • jlisa24
    jlisa24 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Public transportation... bleh! I drive / travel all over.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I ride the subway about 45 min-1 hour to work. That's the longest I'm willing to do. I'm getting really tired of it actually.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of freaking NOWHERE. So to do anything exiting, we have to drive at least an hour, or take metro into the city.

If I were in your situation, an hour would be my limit, since you live in described BFE. Personally, 45 minutes was always my rule, otherwise life is being seriously shortened by commute. : / (don't forget to live)
  • Rawlings124
    Rawlings124 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I did two hours each way for three years going into NYC. Now I am 10 minutes away and they will have to kick me out.
  • 1Wildthang
    1Wildthang Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Farthest was 45 mins. I worked there 12 1/2 years. Now I own my own business. I can walk there in a nice day. It retakes about 14 mins to walk there. A little longer if I'm wearing dress shoes.
  • Bjazz209
    Bjazz209 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to drive 1 ½ to two hours to work – mostly because it seemed like everybody in Cali was going the same way I was. That was without an accident, if it was, could easily be 3 hours. Now I’m just fifteen minutes away – wow! It’s great. I think my car is happy too.