Shakeology Users (Questions)

Options

Replies

• IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OMG... I am ADDICTED to real food! I have been eating it for over 50 years year. It is the best thing I have put in my body. I have increased energy, better hormone levels, better digestion, and I lost 103 pounds.. No surprise since it is all natural. Message me if you want more info about it :

I'm now extremely suspicious that you may be a member of the agricultural lobby. Stop coming on here with your evil multi-level marketing and your fruit and veg. We're not all gullible suckers you know.

NB I have no idea what Shakeology is, and I'm sort of glad about that.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    OMG... I am ADDICTED to real food! I have been eating it for over 50 years year. It is the best thing I have put in my body. I have increased energy, better hormone levels, better digestion, and I lost 103 pounds.. No surprise since it is all natural. Message me if you want more info about it :

Pick me! Pick me!!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

The thread has turned into blind love or blind hate for the product, with little actual consideration given to the product. People hate on it because of the way it is marketed, because of it's affiliation with beachbody, or because of the cost. People love it because they believe the marketing and like the nutrition label.

And the only people who like the label are the ignorant, it's pretty easy to determine the vast majority of the ingredients are label filler, and not in any real dosages.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean the product is bad, just means it's not what beachbody wants you to think it is. It's not like it's some horrible waste of shelf space supplement, it's just basically the same as a lot of other supplements (just at 4x the cost). Which makes it as good as any other protein/carb powder, just for 4x the cost.

I guess what bothers me is the advice that it's a bad product or that its worthless. It's not, it's just ridiculously overpriced (and over hyped).

What is the PDCAA score of pea protein, the 2nd highest ingredient in Shakeo for the vanilla formula, and is that score as high as lets say whey?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OMG... I am ADDICTED. I have been drinking it for a year. It is the best thing I have put in my body. I have increased energy, better hormone levels, better digestion, and I lost 2 inches from my waist. No surprise since it is all natural. Message me if you want more info about it :)

30823417.jpg
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    For the OP and any lurkers - if you go to the group section of MFP and search Shakeology or Beach Body, you'll find a crapload of groups that might answer your questions better if you are ONLY looking for those who have had "results", endorse the product etc. :flowerforyou:

Because I'm a helper. :flowerforyou:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1027420-shakeology-question-and-honest-answer?hl=shakeology#posts-15758801

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/995413-why-or-why-not-is-shakeology-right-for-me?hl=Shakeology&page=4#posts-15271284

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1024537-shakeology?hl=Shakeology&page=2#posts-15711980

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1024185-new-just-now-vanilla-shakeology?hl=Shakeology#posts-15704559

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1024057-shakeology-and-synthroid-hypothyroidism?hl=Shakeology#posts-15702597

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1020630-shakeology-and-p90x2?hl=Shakeology#posts-15679888

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/534200-is-there-anything-compareable-to-shakeology-that-is-affordab?hl=Shakeology&page=4#posts-15665787

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1021114-chocolate-shakeology-recipes?hl=Shakeology#posts-15657977

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/916948-shakeology-day-1-from-a-skeptic?hl=Shakeology&page=6#posts-15655649

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/314461-on-another-note-seriously-what-s-so-good-about-shakeology?hl=Shakeology&page=3#posts-15644954

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1018019-shakeology-3-day-cleanse?hl=Shakeology#posts-15627759

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/344789-30-day-unbiased-shakeology-review?hl=Shakeology&page=3#posts-15595755

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1014588-my-shakeology-tastes-like?hl=Shakeology&page=2#posts-15566042

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1012246-shakeology?hl=Shakeology&page=3#posts-15540096

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/935203-shakeology-vrs-slim-fast?hl=Shakeology&page=6#posts-15336442

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/996594-shakeology?hl=Shakeology#posts-15246244

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992280-shakeology?hl=Shakeology&page=1#posts-15175916
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    So I typed "CHEMICLES" because I thought it would be funny to misspell chemical.

But now that I look at it, Chemicles sounds like an ancient Greek half-god, half-mortal who destroys his foes with burning acid. Wolgang Petersen should make a movie starring Gerard Butler and Brad Pitt about the epic battle between Chemicles and Perseus.

I LOL'd.
  • cedder1
    cedder1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My suggestion, spend the money on the natural fruits and veggies instead of the chemicals. If you are short on time, take an evening and prepare snacks for the week to grab and go. Apples, bananas, oranges are all portable......just grab one as you are going out the door.

Bottom line, all the diet stuff are just portion controlled food. You can do that on your own.
  • kitadog12
    kitadog12 Posts: 3
    Options
    You are always going to get a wide range of opinions on weightloss/supplement products. I can honestly say I like Shakeology. Period. I feel better when I drink it. My nails are healthier when I drink it. My hair is healthier when I drink it. I am trying to lose weight bottom line and it does help me with my food cravings. It keeps me regular and I have more energy. People can take up space arguing about this and that but you can do that with just about every product out there. Plain simple truth is I like it and I think I benefit from it. I know several others who would say the same about it. I also know people that didn't like it. Its a personal choice. You can only make that choice yourself. Try it and if you think its beneficial then that is great. If not, return the bag and get your money back.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I want to try it, but the cost is the thing that gives me most hesitation. I like the ingredient list because I cannot tolerate things like aspartame or sucralose, they give me massive migraines and it's hard to find a good tasting, tolerable protein shake without it. I am using a soy shake right now and have been for going on 2 months and haven't felt any different. It was the only one on the shelf without artificial sweetener.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

The thread has turned into blind love or blind hate for the product, with little actual consideration given to the product. People hate on it because of the way it is marketed, because of it's affiliation with beachbody, or because of the cost. People love it because they believe the marketing and like the nutrition label.

And the only people who like the label are the ignorant, it's pretty easy to determine the vast majority of the ingredients are label filler, and not in any real dosages.

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean the product is bad, just means it's not what beachbody wants you to think it is. It's not like it's some horrible waste of shelf space supplement, it's just basically the same as a lot of other supplements (just at 4x the cost). Which makes it as good as any other protein/carb powder, just for 4x the cost.

I guess what bothers me is the advice that it's a bad product or that its worthless. It's not, it's just ridiculously overpriced (and over hyped).

What is the PDCAA score of pea protein, the 2nd highest ingredient in Shakeo for the vanilla formula, and is that score as high as lets say whey?

I have no idea what that means.

Look, I generally have a lot of respect for your posts. But times like this, at least for those of us less versed in the finer details of ingredients, can you just say something like, "shakeology is lower in overall protein, and the protein it does have is of lower quality (thus not absorbed as well) as a good whey isolate."

If it's really an inferior product, most of us don't care about WHAT makes it inferior, but rather WHY it's inferior.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Look, I generally have a lot of respect for your posts. But times like this, at least for those of us less versed in the finer details of ingredients, can you just say something like, "shakeology is lower in overall protein, and the protein it does have is of lower quality (thus not absorbed as well) as a good whey isolate."

If it's really an inferior product, most of us don't care about WHAT makes it inferior, but rather WHY it's inferior.

It's inferior due to inferior forms of ingredients and being ridiculously underdosed, factored in with the premium price and it's a terrible supp for the value and in general is an avg to below avg supp in other regards
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

It's inferior due to inferior forms of ingredients and being ridiculously underdosed, factored in with the premium price and it's a terrible supp for the value and in general is an avg to below avg supp in other regards

ok, now that I can use, lol. Price, people can decide for themselves if they want to spend the money (I ovviously didn't), but if it users inferior ingredients in meaningless doses when compared to other supplements, then that means something.

And with that being the case, I take back everything I said. It's not a average product that is over prices and over hyped. It seems to be a poor product that is over priced and over hyped.
  • linbein
    linbein Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can give you an honest and unbiased opinion. :)
    Last year, I was drawn in. I signed up as a coach, bought a challenge pack, started Turbo Jam, and drinking Shakeology. Is it good? Well....by itself, I was highly disappointed. I had to always doctor it up with fruit and stuff. Then it was good. I did like it. I felt somewhat better while on it. I don't think it helped my digestion. I am hypothyroid, and have a lot of digestive issues, and Shakeology did not clear any of that up.
    Anyways, I was not having luck getting any real customers, I was spending more money than I was making, so I quit the coaching thing. And quite frankly, I just do not think that Shakeology is worth the price. I would probably pay $50 for it, but now? With tax and shipping, it's like $140 a month! That is just insane to me.
    Shakeology did not help me lose weight. I was doing Turbo Jam EVERYDAY! I lost a few pounds over sevearl months, and some inches. But it's not a magic weight loss shake. It wasn't until this year when I started seeing a nutritionist, and got my diet in order (tailored to me), that I finally saw the weight start coming off.
    Now that said, I think Beachbody puts out great products. I love Turbo Jam, and just recently started Turbo Fire. But I think their supplements are overpriced.

There's my two cents. :)
  • JasonPatoine
    Options
    Hello. I have been using Shakeology for a couple months now. My wife is a Beachbody coach and when she started using the programs and Shakeology, I supported her, but didn't want to use Shakeology. I figured it would be full of chemicals and artificial stuff. I said "If I am going to use a powder of some kind, I would use the one recommended by BeyondDiet.com". I am a member of that website and it has great information. After seeing the progress my wife made, I gave it more thought and actually looked at the ingredients of Shakeology. It is not full of chemicals and crap it is all natural and has stevia as a sweetener. I started using it and doing Les Mills Combat with my wife. I saw results. I like the taste of Shakeology, I like that I can eat high protein meals and know that I am getting at good amount of nutrition from my Shakeology. I am now a believer and I have become a coach to promote fitness and health. I agree with some of the points in this thread. Portion control is huge when watching weight. Eating whole foods is important. Exercise is required.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    this shakeology product sounds like AMWAY.......

just kinda creepy over all feeling when I have dealt with them as well as reading what these Shakeology people put out on this forum....

kinda Stepford wives like...........a cult or something close......
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I use Beach Body programs. I have done turbo fire which I love and also P90X. I would NEVER buy their supplements. HUGE waste of money. I take a multivitamin and if I need some more protein in a day I reach for my Gold Standard 100% Whey protein (chocolate flavor) and make myself a shake. Add in a banana some peanut butter milk whatever I want. And you know how much I spend on that powder? $53.99 for a 5 pound container. That is 71 servings for roughly $.76 per serving. And I can pick it up at the store and not wait for it to get mailed and pay shipping and handling. You don't need to replace a meal with shakeology. Or with any shake for that matter. Just a huge waste of money.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    These companies are really smart. When there are too many "confusing" choices in the store (i.e., too lazy to do research) you can buy a "superior" product (high price point misconception) from someone that is close/trusted.

There's a reason why companies like Starbucks are successful, and to an extent, Shakeology. Add some fancy names, and obscure/fancy sounding nutrient, you can successfully remove any sense of what's worth it and what's not. How much is a Venti Macchiatto worth? Nobody knew until Starbucks "told" us and we had no choice but to believe it. Add to that an extensive network of "local" dealers who leverage varying personal relationships to hawk this stuff, and you have quite the racket.

Folks, it really is just as easy as eating real, nutritious foods in moderation, over time. While that is difficult for some to believe, because in America there is always a better, faster, easier way, there doesn't need to be a "silver bullet" for all of life's challenges.
  • ccdog812
    ccdog812 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As far as cost comparison, I have been doing some research lately for myself on different meal replacement add in's (for lack of a better term because as some one else mentioned it is not a true protein shake) and really it seems like when you do the math for the servings per container and such it all adds up to be around the same, for me and the 4 products I compared that is.

I have personally like them (not shakeology, but another unpopular type hence the research :smile: ) because now I get all the fiber I need and my sodium levels stay at a good level. I don't eat any less calories than I was pre-shakes. Are shakes instead of 2 meals why I am losing weight... no, it is because I am staying within my calorie goals and exercising... are they helping me with my goals... yes.
  • lilcassers
    lilcassers Posts: 163
    Options
    I don't care to make sales. As you can tell by my pictures... it works :) Proof is in the pudding.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I don't care to make sales. As you can tell by my pictures... it works :) Proof is in the pudding.

I have a rock in my front yard that keeps tigers away. For the past 3 years, no tigers. It works too ;)