Have a Heart Attack, that will get you motivated.

Options
I was actually trying to lose weight and started at 238. I got myself down to 228 and thought I was doing good. I was feeling tired and out of sorts. I had stopped going to our exercise classes at our local gym. We had four classes each week and it kept you moving and pumping your heart.

Well, one night last week, I moved some stuff around in our closet, when I sat down to do the task I had set out to do felt pain in my chest. I was not able to focus on what I wanted to do. I gave up and went downstairs and sat down to watch the TV. Still having the pain which started to spread to my left shoulder and bicep, hmmm, this might be serious. Well I blew it off as gas and kept burping thinking I was relieving the pain.

I went to bed and awoke the next morning with no chest pain and felt it was just indigestion. That morning I had to walk down the driveway to give our Christmas present to our Trash men. I was there bright and early. As I walked up the driveway I had that pain in the chest again, now I knew this wasn't right. Two days later after being in the hospital and having a stint placed in my heart, I was being released and given a bunch of pills to take each day.

When I was checked in at the hospital my weight was 225.7, today (5 days after the operation) it was 222.5. I'm feeling better, bruised and sore, but moving around good. My food intake is very limited, but I'm not complaining. Once I get down to 210, then I'll ask the doc if I can get some exercise into my daily routine.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are okay!! welcome to MFP!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Wow! How scary for you. I'm glad you're here (alive and MFP). You can do it!