Greetings, I'm Ashley

Hi everyone! I am happy to be here. I have primarily been using fitbit, as I have the surge, but I felt like there was a lack of community there and I am interested in meeting other people who can inspire, relate, or just talk to in general about our fitness journeys.
I am a 35 year old Software Engineer, married for nearly 12 years, and together we have a 5 year old son. My job is quite sedentary. I used to be an avid video gamer. I would sit on my *kitten* for hours & hours & hours. Wasted youth. lol. I enjoyed it so I guess it wasn't all that wasted.
After pregnancy, I developed chronic hypertension. I also have a couple of benign heart issues.
I have lost 40 pounds, although this holiday season has put 5 of those back on :neutral: . I am wanting to get my heart healthier. I'd like to eventually get off the bp meds.
Since thanksgiving I've been really stressed out and the foods been there and its been very difficult to behave. It seems like my old habits are creeping up, and its got me a bit scared. So. Here I am. I started tracking my food again today and hope that I can stick to it. I know that I can. I started this journey back in April. I want to see this through. I need to drop another 25-30 pounds to be in a normal bmi. I got to do this!!

Replies

• bigboomer2005
    bigboomer2005 Posts: 153 Member
    Feel free to add me I got Fitbit can add me there to. Bigboomer2005@yahoo.com
  • kikilieb3
    kikilieb3 Posts: 19 Member
    I'd love to add you as a friend, I've gained weight this holiday season as well, but I am more motivated than ever because I'm starting to have high blood pressure.