Juicing and calorie count

Options
This morning I juiced 4 carrots, 2 oranges and 1 cup cranberries. I had a solid cup of packed pulp leftover that did not end up in the juice. Is there any quick way to know or guess the calories in fresh juice? I got 12 oz straight juice, but 1 cup solid packed pulp.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!!

Replies

• MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Most of the calories will be in the juice. To account for errors and to play it safe, I would just log the entire thing before you juiced it and took out all the pulp. (Which, by the way, is where all the healthy fiber is!)
  • JessicaSchroeder1
    Options
    Thank you! I use the pulp in baking so nothing goes to waste. I drink the juice for a meal or two and then I take the pulp and bake healthy breads/muffins for my family. Tricks them into eating more veggies and getting more fiber.

If anyone has any other ideas on how to log juice vs pulp I would greatly appreciate it.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    The "pulp" is fiber which has virtually no calories so the calorie count doesn't really change.

BTW, the fiber is what helps you to feel full and also helps with digestion.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    There is a website where you can input what you used and it will tell you the cals. I have it book marked on another device and will add it here later. If you are juicing for added nutrients, that's one thing, but if you are doing based on watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, that thing was so full of inaccuracies. Personally, I make smoothies using the whole fruit and vegetables to keep the pulp and add a protein powder with additional fibre and iron for a more balanced replacement meal. I do this when I need something filling and fast, or if my macros (protein, fibre, and iron) are off and need a boost.