Christmas gift for my personal trainer?

Options

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Last year I gave flavored olive oil & vinegar combo set. This year he's coming back from a serious injury so I'm giving him an inspirational book about QB Drew Brees and his comeback. Gift cards are a nice idea but I would be concerned if they might feel offended if the amount was too low.

As long as it is enough to cover the cost of a blooming onion, I think it's GTG.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I always feel weird when clients give me presents, given the fact that they are paying quite a lot of money for the training. I feel like they are giving me a "gift" twice a week. But that's my own mishegas-it's not like I turn anything down.

My clients have learned to get me gift cards to a local wine store, so I'll be heading in next week for some French burgundies that I normally can't afford. :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    I always feel weird when clients give me presents, given the fact that they are paying quite a lot of money for the training. I feel like they are giving me a "gift" twice a week. But that's my own mishegas-it's not like I turn anything down.

My clients have learned to get me gift cards to a local wine store, so I'll be heading in next week for some French burgundies that I normally can't afford. :)

You're right, you trainers should be getting us clients dome very nice gifts. LOL
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options

You're right, you trainers should be getting us clients dome very nice gifts. LOL
    I got a set of burpees for you right here.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    how about a piano?

don't be ridiculous. no one can afford to buy another person a piano

It's a typo, she obviously; forgot the words: key chain, after piano!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    how about a piano?

Talk for yourself
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Ha agreed
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    how about a piano?

Maybe I should give my trainer the £1500 piano that the kids feckin' avoid like the plague

I'm not bitter
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I got mine printed marshmallows cos I like gifts that make me smile

Some have his face on, some have his logo (I nicked them from his website) and some have special messages on them ...I thought they'd make his daughters laugh so they are all clean and appropriate...I should have done another box filled with expletives

I think giving gifts that are work related are kinda mean ..

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I'm on board with gift cards. Or pianos.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Thirding a piano!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    how about a piano?

Maybe I should give my trainer the £1500 piano that the kids feckin' avoid like the plague

I'm not bitter

Are you hunting for a new trainer?
    Asking for a friend.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's like a present for the teacher - so an apple is appropriate ;)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I got mine printed marshmallows cos I like gifts that make me smile

Some have his face on, some have his logo (I nicked them from his website) and some have special messages on them ...I thought they'd make his daughters laugh so they are all clean and appropriate...I should have done another box filled with expletives

I think giving gifts that are work related are kinda mean ..

Oh c'mon. All I'd like for Christmas is a new 10-key adding machine.

The marshmallows sound great. Where'd you order those?
  • Azdak
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

;)
  • Azdak
    Options

I listen to my inner voice.

I don't always follow its advice. :p
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Many of my clients give me small gifts. Ones I like the most are gift cards to restaurants.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

May I ask how much the gift cards are worth? I got him a $20 chipotle gift card because we talk about chipotle all the time. But I'm not sure if it's too little of an amount?
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    how about a piano?

I love this lol
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

LOL. Sounds like a trainer!