Options
2»

Replies

• Larissa_NY
    Larissa_NY Posts: 495 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    If it's just the weekends, then I'd simplify things and bring things that don't need to be heated up or kept warm. Weather permitting, could you maybe have the others pick up their fast food and then meet at a park or somewhere to eat together? I'm not completely sure I have the situation accurate though, so I could be wrong.

Going out with friends was just an example. It's mostly me running errands and being so hungry that I just cave and get food I should be eating (or I can eat... but not multiple times a day). There are many tips you guys have given that I'm definitely using though. Some I can't believe I haven't thought of already.

If you're just out running errands, stick a couple of protein bars in your glove box and wait until you get home to have a meal. I do meal prep too, but I don't just randomly carry a full meal around at all times.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I bring my own food to restaurants often. I am a celiac and most fast food places can't feed me safely anyways.

If I do bring my own food I always order something, even if it is just a coffee, and I try to be discreet about it. It is usually just a cold lunch. Something simple.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    If you're out and hungry with no food packed, look for a market instead of fast food. You'll save a lot of money, and have infinitely more good options. Yogurt, salads, fruit and veg, cheese and crackers, deli meat (plain or buy a small roll to make a sandwich).

I always have a large bottle of water in my car anyway, and I tend to keep a regular fork in my car in case I "must" have a take-out salad. I can't stand to eat salad with a plastic fork.